See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 January 2004

I stayed in Anchorage recently for a consulting project. Wanted to find someplace downtown for a couple of nights to go sightseeing. Other motels and hotels in the area were charging anywhere between 59 to 79(in January!?) and I found this place for 39, apparently a winter special. They had friendly and helpful staff who knew Anchorage pretty well, the place was downtown (near the Sheraton), and the room was comfortable and clean. Of course, it wasn't like Captain Cook Hotel, but I'm really not that picky about how expensive the room looks, especially considering I'm saving cash that I could spend on nice dinners and sightseeing. For a little more than the price of a hostel I got a private room with a queen size bed. If you're looking for clean and cheap lodging in downtown Anchorage and don't really care that the nightstand looks a tad outdated, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2004, travelled on business