“Garden home in suburbs but close to downtown. Honeymoon suite sweet!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Alaskan Frontier Gardens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 126 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I researched a great deal looking for the right place to stay, as I am sure you are. This place is great. Beautiful gardens surround a very nice home. The lady running the show has been doing so for 30 years and puts out quite a spread in the mornings, everything from reindeer sausage and regular sausage to waffles or ? It's all good. We stayed in the Ivory Suite which is their "honeymoon suite". I saw another recent review complaining about this room about the decor. Yes, its a little aged and the whirlpool tub big enough for 4 people has some chips but it works great, and its a huge whirlpool tub, complain-no. The suite is carpeted, but if she wants carpet in her bathroom and cares for it, it's fine. The bathroom is huge with the tub, large double vanity, 2 heads on the shower which we could only get one to work, but a built in sauna connects to the bathroom. Nice. There is a toilet and bidet. We loved the bathroom. The bedroom is huge with timeless dark wood furniture and very comfortable leather chairs with stools that I could have slept in. Bed was very comfortable. Entering the front door you do walk into living quarters but I didn't find this bad and it actually had you talking more with the hostess and the other guests. Stay here and enjoy. We did for our 35th anniversary.

Room Tip: Ivory suite but book far in advance
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We stayed at the Alaskan Frontier B&B on two separate nights during our trip to Alaska. The gardens are spectacular. Both times we found it very comfortable, quiet and beautifully appointed, especially the garden suite room, which was very luxurious. Rita, the innkeeper, is a wealth of knowledge about things to see and do in Anchorage and Alaska in general. Breakfast, served at the dining table, was a great opportunity to meet and talk with other travelers. Breakfast was freshly prepared, included lots of choice and was very good. It is a short drive to the airport. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Garden suite has a king size bed, jacuzzi tub, and nice view onto the back garden.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Our family of 3 stayed here in March 2016. Just now realizing that I didn't write a review, and that is an oversight! Rita is a wonderful host, gracious and kind. And her breakfasts are amazing too!!! I love that she sets her table so elegantly! Her B&B truly feels like a home and you can sit in the huge overstuffed chairs in the living room and read or play cards or enjoy the beautiful scenery. The beds were so comfortable!!! -- In fact, my mom wants to know what brand of mattresses you have, as she'd like one herself! Could you reply and let us know, Rita???
A wonderful stay and we'd certainly book again when in the Anchorage area.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are locals and chose to spend the night here for a little staycation. Since we were only staying one night we splurged for the Ivory Suite. A large spacious room with a large spacious yet carpeted (?) Bathroom. The decor is late 70s early 80s so if that is turn off look somewhere else. We are fairly new to using BnBs vs hotels so when walking in the door and seeing the turtle tank and other personal items stacked everywhere it really threw me off.

The good: The kin bed was comfy, the in room sauna worked well and the leather chairs for TV watching were great! We appreciated the in room mini fridge.

The bad: The jetted tub is really showing its age with cracks etc., we ran out of hot water to fill it up the whole way and there were stains on the robes placed out for us to use :/ There is a really cool double shower but one of the shower heads only produces cold water.

Overall not a bad stay. We were glad to get away.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda F
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I loved staying there every one was really welcoming and nice. The house was really comfortable. Her son even pulled me out when I got stuck in the snow, he even plows the road and drive way for those who have a rental car

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo