“Love this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Anchorage, Alaska
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

The jacuzzi suite is absolutely wonderful. Staff was courteous and informative. The bed was a little soft more my comfort, but i have a bad back so i prefer a firm bed. Room was clean and modern, would definitly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sabrina W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
AK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Most recently stayed at the Dimond Center Hotel in December and then again in January. I love this place. I could live there. The bathtub is my favorite part. I love soaking in the tub watching tv. I look for reasons to go to stay here! Our flights from Seattle now always include a stop over in ANCH so that we can get a night or two here. The rate in the spring and summer is standard high season rates for ANCH but man in the winter it's a screaming deal.

Continental breakfast is FREE and as such it's just fine. These free continental breakfasts at hotels these days are not what you really want for breakfast - so, go out for a real hot to order breakfast. This one is just like all the others. I couldn't care one way or the other. I want a real breakfast and I don't come to the Dimond for the continental.

I come for the nicely decorated large king rooms, the deep soaking tub with a view of the tv, and the beautiful art in the halls by the elevators.

Room Tip: In the winter do not stay on the top floor. There seems to be some exhaust from the roof or from th...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank yetan0therscreenname
Valdez, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Dimond Center Hotel. We decided to escape to Anchorage for a couple days in Alaska's big city. We decided to try the Dimond Center Hotel, for a change. We were delighted by the great, friendly sdrvice of the hotel staff. The room was both spacious and comfortable. The king-size bed was just right, and provided a great night's rest. Tie room was nicely decorated, and was appointmented with many ammenities, such as a kerig coffee maker, a mini-fridge, and a large L-shaped desk. The bathroom included a large tub (with a large window that opened-up to the rest of the room) and shower. Everything was very clean.

The Dimond Center Hotel is located near many shops and has close access to the Seward Highway... connecting us to Mid-Town. This place is probably one of the best values in Anchorage.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AmericanOdyssey
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Have been to Anchorage many times and have usually stayed downtown or near the airport. Had a meeting here recently and it was a very pleasant surprise. Hidden between a mall and Walmart, I was a little worried, but once inside it was all great.

Room was very comfortable, with workspace, mini fridge, microwave, K-cup coffee maker. Huge soaking tub and seperate shower stall.

Meeting space was perfect with drop down screen and flat screens on the wall for presentations.

Once drawback was it isn't necessariy a businessman/road warrior hotel, more tourists and family, so it could get a little noisy..but other amenities made the noise worth it.

Room Tip: Maybe choose 3rd floor to reduce noise. I was on 2nd floor and had some excessive noise from above
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Phil S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

I had a business trip to Anchorage and selected this hotel based upon a recommendation of a colleague. I was very pleased with my room and the hotel. The room was comfortable, clean and attractive. The bed was very comfy and I put the mini fridge to good use. As mentioned elsewhere the tub is huge, I didn't get a chance to use it but I wanted to. I do wish the desk was a little bigger, it was a bit tight with my laptop and all my other gear. The Internet service was fine for business needs and easy to work with, no extra fees or crazy registration system. I loved the breakfast selection in the mornings and the staff were all very pleasant whenever I needed something. The location is great for shopping, all your needs are very close by. All in all this is one of the better hotels I've stayed at during my business trips and will be staying there again should I return to Anchorage.

Stayed April 2012