All reviews dog park fire pit small lake shower room separate seating area quiet location medical center walking trails nice walking sleeping area nice hotel oatmeal free breakfast waffle maker separate rooms highly recommend this hotel the breakfast area
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I booked a hotel room for an over night to go swimming. I am 39 weeks pregnant wanting/needing a relaxing swim. I asked if the pool works before booking my stay. Front desk told me it was working. I got to my room and headed down to swim. Pool was closed due to kids putting soap in pool. (Ok, not staffs fault but was told the pool works.) I was told I need to go to a different Marriott hotel to go swimming. I asked if I can change my room for a room with a bath tub. I wasn’t allowed to switch rooms because the manager told me she would be down one less room for other people wanting to book their stay. What the hell.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Katelyn G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Anchorage University Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Hello Mark Y,

Thank you for submitting a review about your most recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that it was not up to yours or my standards. The pool was taken out of order unexpectedly in order for us to make sure it was safe for our guests to be in. I am very sorry for the response you got from the front desk about wanting to switch rooms. I have followed up with her in order to make sure this does not happen again in the future. I know that if I was in this situation I would be very frustrated that this happened. I hope the next time your travels bring you through the Anchorage area you will give us an other opportunity to provide you with the great customer service we are known for.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Great place. Nice and quiet. The staff is so friendly and worked so hard to accommodate us. Melissa was especially helpful in making sure we got into our room quickly because we were really tired. The breakfast was amazing and I'm truly happy we chose to stay at University Lake Spring Hill Suites

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Katelyn G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Anchorage University Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hello Amblac879,

Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us was. I am happy Melissa was able to get you into the room you wanted and quickly, after a long day of traveling it is always nice to be able to relax quickly after checking in. My team and I look forward the next tim your travels bring you through the Anchorage area we get the honor of hosting you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Although SpringHills aren't 5-star hotels, we would have expected more. We waited a long time in reception (even after a mobile check-in), and our room wasn't ready. Our big concern, however, was the room. The bed and especially the sofa were dirty. I'm not sure what previous guests had going on the sofa, but it hadn't been cleaned for a while. After our younger son showed us the sofa he had been sleeping on for the past few nights, we were appalled. Really disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Katelyn G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Anchorage University Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hello TandLseeingtheworld,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay with us. I am very upset hearing about the state of the sofa was for your stay and have spoken with not only my housekeeping manager but my housekeeping team to ensure this does not happen. I am very sorry that everything was not up to yours or our standard of cleanliness. I hope the next time your travels bring you through the Anchorage area you will give us an other opportunity to provide you with excellent service.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Marriott knows what they're doing and this hotel is no exception. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the hotel was clean, the room was modern and spacious and the grounds were well maintained. The best part about this location is the surrounding area including University Lake, where you can enjoy a leisure walk (There is an off leash dog park and trail too!).I literally have no complaints, and I love to complain. Close enough to the major attractions of Anchorage, without the hassles of parking, and with the added bonus of beautiful walking trails make this a great choice for anyone visiting Anchorage!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Katelyn G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Anchorage University Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Hello nielsonpeter,

Thank you for taking time to review our lovely hotel. I am really happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel here. The lake and mountains are so beautiful over here. Being nestled back by the universities creates a very nice and serene area. My team and I look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you through the Anchorage area.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I have been staying at this property on Business once a Month for 5 years.
I would not stay anywhere else in Anchorage. I have checked out the competition. non compare. The rooms are clean and updated. but the staff is what makes this stand out.
EVERYONE says hello. The front desk folks are as Overly accommodating and very friendly. House keeping is Top Notch. The 2 ladies that run the Breakfast buffet are wonderful. they don't just restock but check to see if the guest needs anything. it is my home away from home. thank you

Room Tip: ask for lake view rooms
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Katelyn G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Anchorage University Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Hello ghazelzet,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoy staying with us, we all love getting feedback. I am happy to hear that my team goes above and beyond to accommodate your requests. We try very hard to do the best we can to accommodate as much as we can. I am glad to hear that we are able to be your home away from home. We look forward to hosting you again soon.