SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
USD 106*
USD 95*
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
USD 71*
Hotel Alyeska(Girdwood)
USD 134*
USD 128*
Hotels.com
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
USD 167*
USD 140*
Orbitz.com
All reviewsdog parkfire pitsmall lakeshower roomseparate seating areaseparate toiletquiet locationwalking trailsmedical centernice walkingprovidence hospitalsleeping areayogurtnice hotelfree breakfastwaffle makerrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here for 8 days on a business trip. The room is very modern, think Ikea. The separate "rooms" for the toilet and shower were weird, but served their purpose well enough. As someone else noted, no matter what you do, the water in the shower will leak out onto the floor. They do have a really good free breakfast, better than most. Frankly whenever there is a fairly decent hot breakfast, you've won me over. The hotel sits on university lake and there is a really pretty one mile trail aound the perimeter. I went walking around the lake everyday and saw moose on the trail all but two of those days. My only complaint lies in the people around me. My neighbors to my immediate right screamed at their kids non stop and the neighbors across the hall actually ended up with the police banging on their door due to screaming. I guess the take away is, sound proof doors may be a good investment for this hotel as all of the guests like to scream at each other.

Room Tip: Keeping the fan in the room running helps drown out the noisy neighbors.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2012

staff is great, breakfast is adequate, my room's shower leaked water on the floor no matter what I tried to do to stop it. No bath, Linens are 3rd rate...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LesDye
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The room has a modern touch feel and spacious. Being equipped with microwave and small fridge, it really helpful for us since we are travelling with small children.Being part of Marriot , this hotel met my expectation. Eventhough it was full booked, they kept our room. By the time we got there at almost 12 midnight, there were someone helping us with the luggage and the front desk gave me 2 chocolate bars as I presented my marriot membership card.

They have extensive selection of breakfast and the hot waffle is my favorite.
I love the location with the lake just behind the property along with the nature trail and its outdoor space. I definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Fionna A
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights to visit family in the hospital. The entire hotel is very nice, clean with modern decor. The breakfast was very good.. much better than some "free" breakfasts offered at other hotels. I wish they had better quality coffee though. But, overall the place was great and so was the staff!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank stanleyak
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed at this property due to my husband's conference at the nearby University of Alaska. Also, I read the positive reviews prior to coming and was not disappointed. There were some ups and downs however.

We followed the hotel's directions and called for the shuttle bus from the airport when we got our bags. It had been snowing, so they said it might be 20-30 minutes. We waited. At 45 minutes, we called again. There had been some kind of "mixup" and bus was still 10 minutes away. They suggested we could get a cab and they would pay for it...so we did, and so did they! So while we were inconvenienced by an almost hour wait at the airport, the hotel did make good by it.

The hotel is very comfortable and modern. And, it is spotless! We saw more people working around cleaning, wiping elevator doors, mopping floors, vacuuming, etc than we ever see at most hotels. Our room was comfortable, as was the bed. Interestingly, while it was very frigid outside, we rarely ran our heater in the room, it was so warm! In fact too warm sometimes. There is a large space under and around the door where a lot of annoying light comes in. (We put a towel under it each night) There was also an annoying "hum" from a vent near our room and when I requested a new room the next day, I was accommodated quickly. (unfortunately the new room was right next door to the electric room on the floor, so there was still a hum, but I didn't fuss again.)

The front desk people, while nice and smiling, are not always up to snuff on information. One was not even aware of what the "Anchorage Museum" was, or where it was, but was very willing to help us find it on the map.

The shuttle bus is available for rides to the University, hospital and trips downtown. Pick ups are by a phone call. Very convenient.

The breakfast was good and plentiful with both hot and cold items. There are many tables and chairs in the eating area, something not always available in other hotel chains. There were many children staying while we were there and sometimes long lines for things like waffles occurred.

Hot tub and pool looked clean and were busy throughout the day. The hotel is on a nice lake with a trail around it and even in the cold and snow, was a very nice walk.

We would definitely stay there again and would seek out SpringHill Suites in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business