All reviews close to the airport guest kitchen bed and breakfast home away from home comfortable beds full kitchen every morning alaska caribou hosts bedding rates laundry downtown
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Wonderful place, very clean, 5 beautiful rooms, everything equipped in Alaskan style (the property itself, the bedding, the kitchen...). The B&B is close to the airport and serves a very good breakfast. The check-in is remote, you just open the door and your room is ready for you. Highly recommended!
The only problem is if you have a question to ask prior to staying there - the telephone number provided is never answered and the electronic form on their web page does not work.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2015

We got there around 3:30ish PM and no one can be found. Only a paper taped to the door with instructions. The neighborhood is very quiet and very nice. The next morning a woman (not sure if she's the owner or staff) complained how some guests are rude because someone had made the coffee the day before. It's not something I wanted to hear first thing in the morning before I had my coffee yet and she kept on and on about it to other couple as well. The breakfast is ok, cereals, banana breads and some muffins which I didn't get a chance to enjoy them cause I don't want to hear her complaint anymore.

Let me finish this with a positive note, the place is clean, comfy, quiet and well maintained. The room we were (4) is very clean even it's a little small.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2015

We never met or seen anyone at this property. There was a note taped to the door when we arrived with instructions for entering the B & B, which room we had, and breakfast details. Room was adequate and clean. Breakfast was also adequate and "take care of yourself." This was nothing like any B & B we have ever stayed at. Usually the hosts are there and serve you breakfast. This was definitely a new experience for us, not all bad, but different for sure! They are connected to Hotels.com and allow you to redeem points. Will I go there again? Probably not. I'm a little too spoiled. Oh, and there is no lake btw.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 18 July 2015

This is pretty much a DIY B&B, so not a true B&B by my definition, which is what we were looking for. Our check in paperwork was taped to the door, along with the entry code to the house. It told us our room was downstairs, down actual stairs. It's a split level with most rooms downstairs. The is a small kitchen downstairs, with a frig if you happen to have leftovers or want to cool some drinks. This was one of only a few B&Bs that had rooms for 3. Ours was one of those, a king and a twin. There was no floor space for luggage so it made it a little challenging. Ours was the Moose Room, I think. It had a large bathroom which you had to walk through to get to the bedroom. The first night we were there, it was hot as all get out. With long days, the rooms heat up. We had to sleep with the window open and it finally cooled off. I got 2 hours of sleep. Then we headed to Denali, but came back for 3 more nights. Evidently, someone got a fan and it was in the room this time. I slept much better with the window open and the fan. I had read reviews of these great breakfast sandwiches that were freshly prepared by the B&B staff. We never saw a soul who worked there - until the very last morning when the owner showed up. For breakfast, there was yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, juices, cereal, milk, bread for toast and usually some kind of muffin or donut. I think there may have been watermelon or some other kind of melon. We ended up going out for breakfast because I need serious protein in the mornings and I can only eat so many hard-boiled eggs. If I had it to do over, we would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

We reached at 8 pm after a couple of false approaches. The place is not signposted well on the side of the road it is on , since you would need to look back to see it. Beds comfortable if a tad too soft. Breakfast adequate. However since we never got to meet the owners it was a little inpersonal.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple