All reviews close to the airport guest kitchen bed and breakfast private bathroom full kitchen home away from home comfortable beds convenient location alaska caribou hosts bedding rates curtains laundry downtown
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very efficiently run, clean, good breakfast -- we decided to cancel another reservation in Anchorage in a nondescript place and are going back when we return from Denali. The rooms are small, but well kept, all is as it should be in a B&B. Go for it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TwostarLondon
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Interesting, comfortable, and Paul was great in directing me to the grocery store, guest kitchen, and comforts of home. Breakfast was cooked to order, coffee ready at 6am, comfortable sitting room, and I would highly recommend it

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Paul was great fun to talk with and gave us a lot of good, local information. When he knew we would returning in a week for an additional one night stay, he even went out to buy special foods to accommodate our initial requests. Way to go!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

1 of 2 owner/operators, Paul fixed our breakfast. We ate in the pleasant eating area which opens onto a great porch. He served fresh muffins, eggs made to order; and cookies for the road. We enjoyed talking with Paul in the morning as well as the other guests. There was also a downstairs kitchen, near our room (with a refrigerator & working stove with cooking utensils) all of which you are welcome to use. Close to the airport, with late arrival available. Beautifully decorated with lots of Alaskan wildlife imagery. Homey atmosphere, nice room and bath. We highly recommend this place and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't know, because the owner chose our room for us.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Jewel Lake is less than 10 minutes from the airport, is on a main thoroughfare in Anchorage and minutes away from stores, restaurants and the Seward Highway (AK1), the main road out of Anchorage. Another plus is that this B&B allows you to cook your own lunch or dinner in the downstairs kitchen. We didn’t take advantage of that feature, but it would be a great way to save $ on meals. When we travel, we usually stay in B&Bs, so I've stayed in dozens. I would say the decor here is less typical B&B and more "utilitarian". My hubby and I had one room and my sister another one - all in the basement. There is nothing fancy about this place - it's like staying at your nanas. Some reviews say the host is rude. We did not encounter that at all. Breakfast offered lots of options, nothing particularly gourmet or memorable. I would stay here again if I were in Anchorage. My blog has lots more info on stuff to do in AK - message me if you'd like a link.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family