“Room to roam”
Review of Kincaid Park

Kincaid Park
Ranked #18 of 229 things to do in Anchorage
More attraction details
Owner description: This park offers 20 miles of cross-country skiing, hiking and bike trails.
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Large park in Anchorage with plenty of recreation opportunities. Walking, biking, waterfront, sports. Watch out for moose! We saw lots in the park.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"mud flats"
"short hike"

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We hiked here yesterday and it was amazing. Tons of different trails to walk. Seen 2 moose within minutes of the first trail we took. As we got up closer to the 2nd moose he stood up out of his laying position and didn't look happy so we turned around and chose a different trail. We seen 2 more mom moose both with babies. Incredible trip. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because the paths can be a little confusing and aren't well labeled on the trail. Very cool place right off the side of the airport.

1  Thank Cassyg89
Reviewed 14 August 2017

My wife and I had some time before we had to go to the airport so we were looking for something to do. We visited this park and were very glad we did. It is huge, has all kinds of trails. Saw a bear with her cubs.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Need to stretch those trip numb legs! Pull out of the airport and pull in to Kincaid Park. It's that close! My wife and I made our first trip to Anchorage. While waiting for other members of our group to arrive we enjoyed Kincaid Park.

I saw a moose cow and calf. Trip highlight right there and straight off the plane!!

This is an "omnipark." There are several types of activities going on. There are open fields and a stadium. Bike and walking trails abound. Disc golf enthusiasts were enjoying their game near the visitor center.

From the visitor center all of these activities are with an ocean view and a nice breeze.

Hint: I saw the moose cow and calf after I followed the dirt track up the hill to the stadium. Beginning the descent behind the stadium I observed the cow and calf down the hill in a small meadow. These are wild animals. Use caution.