“Tea for Two, Four or More”
Review of Queen Mary Tea

Queen Mary Tea
Reserve with OpenTable
Queen Mary Tea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #554 of 4,593 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This small but lovely tea room sits on a hill reminiscent of San Francisco. We had Afternoon Tea and the ambiance and service could not have been better. I've enjoyed teas in London, Vancouver, Los Angeles and San Francisco. The service here surpassed any of the "higher priced places" I've frequented. The servers were patient, attentive and thoughtful.
The food was very good and plentiful, enough so that we had leftovers of sweets and fruits. Highlights for me were the cashew nut chicken salad sandwich, mini quiche and the scones.
Tiaras are provided at every table and it was a nice whimsical touch that provided a festive atmosphere for those celebrating a special birthday or occasion.
The cost was $38.00/person, which is about what one should expect these days. In fact, I've paid more for a "lesser" experience.
It is not a very big room, so reservations are a must. Despite the closeness of the tables, conversation was not at all impeded, even for the hard of hearing.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Our extended family enjoyed traditional English Tea at Queen Mary's.
All of us liked our tea choices. The food was nicely presented on a three tiered tray. There was quite a variety of items. Most is us wished there would have been fewer sweet items in favor of savory items. We enjoyed our food and took some of it home in boxes.
The staff was very nice.
The tea room is a bit over-decorated and very crowded. It's hard to get in and out of your seat. Finding parking can be challenging.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Just like you would expect a British Tea Room to look...the decor, all the beautiful tea pots and cups and tons of flavors of tea and a breakfast and lunch menu, it is hard to decide what you are going to have. I had the famous "tea and crumpets" which everyone always talks about. Delicious. Make a reservation...the place was packed at lunch time. They have a special treat for anyone celebrating a birthday and I think you can fill out a card to get a free dessert on your birthday.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

We had a proper high tea experience here. The selection of teas is vast, I enjoyed the Nilgiri Black tea. We had the high tea, which included a variety of savory sandwiches and baked goods, sorbet, soup, fruit, cookies, cakes, scones, and pastries. Wow, was it tasty! The atmosphere is traditional English with nice ambiance.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

This is not the best tea room around. On the surface it was pleasant enough. But tables much too crowded. My chair was bumped constantly during our entire visit. On the surface, the food was pleasant enough. Until examination. Really, for the one hundred dollars I paid for high tea, including a nice tip, I would have expected the strawberries not have high mold on them. How could the kitchen have not seen the mold? Scones mediocre at best. The rest of the food - three finger sandwiches, etc. also mediocre, nothing special. And special was what I expected, for that price. And I guess we talked too long; we were asked to vacate the table for incoming reservations, although there were empty tables. Were they all reserved? I think not. On the plus side, earning them the number two rating, my guest did enjoy herself. For me, it was embarrassing. There are better tea rooms to visit. Also be warned - street parking only.