“Delicious”

Mamma Melina Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamma Melina Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 4,593 Restaurants in Seattle
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Bellevue
Cross street: Blakeley
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My husband, 10 year old daughter and I had dinner at Mamma Melina Ristorante while we were on vacation in Seattle. This is a fine-dining experience at a moderate price. My favorite part of the decor are the prints of Italian art (Modigliani.. etc) hanging on the ceiling. The complimentary bread and dipping oil/vinegar were ok. We ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer and my husband and I loved it. Believe it or not, pickled onions are delicious on top of Brie cheese. Next we had our entrees. I had the fettuccine bolognese (highly recommend), my husband got the ravioli (ate it all), and my very picky daughter had the penne pasta with butter and Parmesan (and said it was yummy). Our waiter, Cole, was very helpful despite our odd requests and questions. He had a great sense of humor and maintained professionalism. I would definitely go back, and I would recommend anyone else have dinner at Mamma Melina!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Hmmm, as my soon put it, if the city has a rating system and this place got a C shouldn’t that tell you something? The venue and atmosphere were really spot on but that’s all it had going for it. Staff was nice, so that too. I give it an Average rating for the atmosphere but price and quality knock it down to Poor. Very disappointed Seattle!

No pictures, didn’t want to waste memory in my phone.

1  Thank Avi E
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We were staying across the street and were looking for lunch after arriving. The restaurant has a nice patio and the main dining room is open and inviting. White table cloths on all the tables. Staff was quick and receptive. They offer a price fix lunch specialty menu as well as their regular menu. Our party had a wood fire pizza, pasta with clams and a gnocchi dish. It was all excellent. Although we didn’t take advantage of it the also had a nice wine and drink menu.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Pretty smooth service, nice-looking room (albeit a bit loud), broad and interesting menu, and good execution in the kitchen. More interesting than the website would indicate, but nothing cutting edge. Well-healed crowd. Good choice for a low-stress meal in a pleasant setting.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I am not much of a shopper, but I always look forward to going to the University Village mall. That's because I plan my visit to coincide with lunch at Mamma Melina, about a 2-minute drive away from there. This charming Italian restaurant stands in a corner location with a big attached garage that offers up to three hours of free parking.

On our most recent visit, we stopped by at 2:30 p.m. on a Sunday without reservations. This presented no problem because only one table had customers on the outside patio and the sparkling, large interior had many vacant tables. We chose a booth and instantly received water and menus. Bread followed almost immediately.

The lunch menu offers a variety of starters, main courses and desserts. Customers are invited to choose a starter or a dessert with a main course for $16.50, which I consider to be a really good value in expensive Seattle. I opted for a beet salad with goat cheese and walnut and an 8-inch Margherita pizza with fresh mozzarella. My husband chose romaine heart salad with shaved parmigiano and a main course of grilled Steelhead. Everything proved to be delicious and perfectly prepared as always, though I could have done with fewer spice leaves in my salad. But I simply removed them.

The setting was perfect for lunch -- an extremely low noise level and extensive outside views through big windows. Ceiling art always captures my attention and I like the airy feeling provided by high ceilings and much natural light.

Staff excels at service. The greeter was cordial and helpful. Our waitress was extremely pleasant, prompt and attentive. We look forward to the service here as much as the food.

It looks like I'll need to find a reason to go to University Village again in the not-too-distant future.