“Romantic if you get the right table...”
Review of Rays

Rays
Reserve with OpenTable
Rays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 4,597 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: USD 12 - USD 65
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Market St.
Transit: Metro Bus #86,Seaview Ave. NW Stop
Description: A Seattle icon since 1973, Ray’s Boathouse, Café & Catering is internationally renowned for its unparalleled Northwest seafood and breathtaking waterfront view of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. Ray’s Boathouse is comfortably elegant, serving refined sustainable seafood, local meats and produce, and an extensive list of Northwest wines nightly. Ray’s Cafe is lively and fun, serving casual regional fare for lunch and dinner, with seasonal outdoor dining. Ray’s Catering offers professional full-service catering and a beautiful waterfront banquet room that is perfect for social and corporate entertaining.
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had a great meal with friendly service however I was disappointed to find that I was seated very close to the entrance and not given a view even though we arrived at 9pm and the place wants full

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

IMO. We went to lunch w/ a girlfriend and her husband. They live near Seattle and said we had to eat here. Another friend sent me a message while I was there and said you have to go to Rays. Everyone was right. Amazing views, and the food was so good. Appetizers - Calamari and Dungeness Crab Dip I could have made myself sick on but I had to share. Bloody Mary, I asked for spicy [I'm from Texas] and the waitress said oh we use Tabasco - I laughed and told her to use a lot. It was good but not hot enough. Then I had the Dungeness Crab Sliders - again excellent. Wonderful place, so relaxing, great food, friendly staff and wonderful view.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The new layout in the restaurant downstairs greatly changes the atmosphere. I don't like it.

The food remains exceptional and the wine list is excellent. Service is very good.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

It's been quite awhile since I entertained out of town guests at Ray's Boathouse--and I'm sorry I've waited so long to return. The entire staff, from valet to front desk to serving team, was gracious and helpful. And the food--it was amazing. The Sablefish in Sake Kasu and Ray’s Pacific Northwest Chowder prepared at the table were a huge hit. I'm headed back with another group of tourist friends later this week and I'm already salivating thinking of the other options to choose from.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We enjoyed their happy hour for early dinner. We sat in the upstairs bar and had a really good view of the sound. I ordered the rock shrimp tacos which were really good....not many shrimp but everything had good flavors. My fiance had the crispy calamari which were not that crispy. The flavor was good but crispy would have been better. Our friend ordered the seared ahi tuna which had several pieces that very not edible. The pieces had the white gristle running through them so you could not even cut them. When she told the waitress, the tuna was removed from our bill.

Been to Rays? Share your experiences!