“Pacific Northwest Seafood”
Review of Ten Mercer

Ten Mercer
Reserve with OpenTable
Ten Mercer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 4,232 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: USD 20 - USD 35
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Cross street: Queen Anne Avenue North
Transit: 10 Minute walk Northwest of the Monorail. Served by the 1, 8, 15, 32, 18 and the "D line" Rapid Ride Metro Bus lines.
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Wonderful halibut, sole, salmon cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

We had a very pleasant evening here. Pleasing ambience, quiet on a weeknight, thoughtful and attentive service from great staff. Very good food overall at reasonable prices. The cheese plate had a lovely presentation, incredible cheese in small portions, wonderful bread. The wild greens were tasty but overdressed. The NY steak was generous, incredibly tender, perfectly done inside, but charred on the outside. The pork tenderloin and spatzle were spot on. The bench seating was designed for its looks but not its comfort. I'd go back, but wish a few things were polished up- then I'd become a regular.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Well-presented, delicious unique dishes in nice setting and with great service. I would totally go back - best for a special event, though. A bit too fancy for a casual night out. Someone else footed the bill, so I don't know what it was per person, but I think the entrees were in the high-teens with fish dishes being in the mid to high twenties.

Reviewed 10 April 2011

drinks came after appetizer.
waiter apologized for not bringing appetizer, even though we were finished with it, and then noted salads would be a few minutes late. Entrees showed up, salads never came. Mac N Cheese is apparently frozen then thawed for service because our was cold! Waiter apologized and said he had been "authorized" to give us a free drink or dessert. I should have said, not both?? Very bad service. I was finished with my entree before my friend got her re-heated Mac n cheese re-served. Um, why not bring out the salads while we wait for the mac n cheese?? UGH! We enjoyed our dessert barely after gulping in down in two minutes without coffee because we were late for a show, which the waiter knew about. Terrible terrible experience. Worst service I have ever had.

1  Thank StoppingForPhotos
Reviewed 17 December 2008

After living in Vancouver and being spoiled with great food we drove to California and stopped in Seattle. We ended up here completely by chance and I am so glad that we did. It was warm and cozy, the service was friendly and efficient, and the salads (esp. the grilled romaine) and crab cakes were amazing. I wish I would have savored it more as it was one of the few great dining places in the US. We went to San Jose, San Francisco, Monterey, LA and parts of Orange County and were very disappointed with much of the food served at restaurants that we went to, from high end to regular places. Wholeheartedly recommend this place if you want a chilled atmosphere and super yummy food. If I go back to Seattle, I'll make the effort to go there again.

Been to Ten Mercer? Share your experiences!