“YUM!”
Review of Jones Barbeque

Jones Barbeque
Ranked #1,081 of 4,454 Restaurants in Seattle
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I got the brisket, greens and potato salad. It was amazing. Order ahead or expect a wait around dinner time, but well worth it.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Since moving to Seattle I have been looking for some decent bbq. When I saw a Groupon offering for Jones Barbeque I decided to give this place a chance. Boy were my husband and I disappointed.

First and foremost, the customer service was absolutely awful. We walked in to a couple of people crowded near the register and another couple of people sitting separately at 2 of the few tables (seating for about 8) they have in the restaurant waiting for their food. There was no one at the register and we waited “in line” for almost 10 minutes without being greeted. When someone finally came to the front, they ran through the line to address the increasingly unhappy people waiting for food at the tables.

Our order was finally taken (we definitely would have left by that time if we didn’t have the Groupon) and we sat down at a table to wait for our food. During the time we were waiting we witnessed a pretty poorly handled incident with one of the other patrons who was also waiting for their food. Apparently, he had phoned an order in for the “family special” (1 whole chicken, 2lbs of rib tips, and 2 16 oz sides) and came down to pick it up. He was there before us patiently waiting when one of the staff came alerted him that they had ran out of chicken and had “accidentally given his away”. After a discussion, he decided that he didn’t want the rib tips either and just wanted a refund and to take his sides home. To his dismay, they refunded the family dinner price, but charged him full price for the two sides. When he pointed out how ridiculous that was, the staff said there was nothing she could do and a manager would around in 90 minutes if he wanted to discuss it then.

As if witnessing that didn’t leave a bad enough taste in our mouths, then our food came. I ordered the beef sandwich with baked beans for my side and my husband ordered the two meat platter (ribs and brisket) with Mac & cheese and coleslaw for his sides. The sandwich was soaked in oil, the brisket was very fatty, and the Mac & cheese had an odd garlicky type of taste to it. The only thing that earned Jones a second star was the taste of the ribs (great smoke ring) and the baked beans and coleslaw were decent.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Very small restaurant with only a few tables for dining in. Most people took orders to go. Although it wasn't the best BBQ I've eaten it was pretty good! We ordered a Groupon & had no problem using it. Shared the 2 combo meal. The brisket was tender & flavorful. The 1/2 chicken was a generous portion. It felt rubbery but tasted okay. I will say the sides we ordered were very good. We got mac & cheese along with a side of baked beans. Again... very good.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The service was great, the staff was really nice. I had chicken, coleslaw, and collards - all really yummy. My partner had brisket, which was also good. The BBQ sauce that's smothered on all the meat is particularly sweet, not spicy in the least - for better or worse depending on your taste.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We decided to stop here after a long day in the city and are so glad we did. The food was delicious, portions were big and service was great! Highly recommend if you are looking for great barbecue in West Seattle