“Wonderful Work Event Location”

The Fairmont Olympic Seattle
Ranked #13 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed over at the Fairmont Seattle last night and my company hosted a lunch there this afternoon. The room was wonderful, especially large and very comfortable with all of the necessary amenities. I used the gym this morning which had more than enough workout equipment all of which was very up to date. I ordered room-service for breakfast and the food was of excellent quality. Wifi worked perfectly so that I could spend the morning getting some work done (it was free because I'm a President's Club member, not sure how affordable it was to pay for). Before noon, I went down to the luncheon and found that the room was set up very well. We have had roadshows across the country and this was one of the best spaces. I had to leave early and the kitchen was able to provide a boxed lunch. An excellent stay!
My only complaint was that the heat/ac was fairly dated and it was somewhat difficult to change the temp.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ahartmann1980
Write a ReviewReviews (3,225)

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a one day visit to Seattle. I found it to be very grand and luxurious. We checked in on a Saturday and did not have reservations for dinner. The staff suggested Elliott's Oyster House and made reservations for us for an early dinner. After a long day of walking all over Seattle we didn't have the energy to walk even though it was close. The hotel offered a car to take us to and from Elliotts. It was perfect. Our room was very nice and our beds had crisp white linens. I was able to print our boarding passes in the business lounge and enjoyed great coffee in the morning after a visit to the one of the best gym & swimming pool I've ever seen at a hotel. Albeit pricey, I thought the service, beds, room/bathroom and location were superb and worth it. It was a wonderful overall experience. I plan to return with my husband to stay more than 1 night!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this elegant established hotel. Booking thru AmEx we got a fantastic upgrade to a suite and comps for dinner and breakfast. We enjoyed the meals in the both of the nice restaurants. Service was great.

Close to the museum where we saw the Gauguin Exhibit and to Pikes Market, the hotel is located perfectly. We didn't do too much exploring because of the weather, but we will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed one night for a business meeting. Nice room, good food, and convenient location. This is a grand hotel from the gilded age. Staff were helpful, friendly, and good service. It reminds me of a smaller version of the Waldorf Astoria in New York. Noisy room next to traffic on a low floor. Next time I will ask for a quieter one. I would definitely come back again, though.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for over 25 years - but it is no longer worth staying here. There are other hotels that you will get more service for the money you spend, and this hotel is just not worth it.
The rooms are small for a luxury hotel, and AMEX does not mean you get upgraded. They don't child proof the rooms. They don't honor the Four Square deals (of course Four Square is a joke anyway, but still, really, quibble over an appetizer give away?).
This was a great property once- it is no longer.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple