“Just beautiful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bellingham, Washington
“Just beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

All was perfect for our overnight musical get-away! The hotel is so lovely! The dessert in the restaurant was over the top! The thermostat/heat made sleep tough for me but all else was PERFECT!

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor. Elevators are speedy & many!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary here this weekend. The hotel propertyis beautiful & grand and on the National Historic Registry. It's also very centrally located in Seattle, where you can walk to many of the attactions and shopping. The price was very fair and comparable to the Sheraton (where we usually stay). The service was top notch. There is even a hotel car to take you where you need to go. On the downside, there is no view, because all the buildings around it are much taller and block and view that there maybe was when it was built. The rooms and suites are small, the windows are very old and leaky, the paint was even peeling off on our window sills. There was no coffee maker in our room, or mirowave, so we had to order up coffee service, which was over $22!!!! The flat screen tv's in the rooms were fine, but they only basic cable, and the pictures was snowy. Also, there is no wireless internet, at least in the rooms. It's the old plug in cable type. I used the signal from Starbucks across the street. The brunch buffet in the main restaurant, The Georgian Room, was very expensive ($25.00) for the limited selection they offerred. We expected perhaps a carving station, omeletes, some seafood choices, etc. There was none of that. Just eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruits and pastries and assorted cereals.
All and all, It is an elegant hotel with top of the line everything, and we would definitely stay there again. But seriously, get those windows replaced!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DennisClark, General Manager at The Fairmont Olympic Seattle, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Marguerite M, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your observations. We are constantly evaluating our guest priorities as we invest in our product and service. Your input is very valuable. In fact, on your next visit you will find coffee makers in all our rooms as part of our guest room plan. Also I'd like you to know that if you choose to sign up as a Presidents Club member, you are entitled to some very nice benefits including free wireless connection in your guest room. We hope to see you again. Safe Travels.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

It was my moms 60th Birthday and I flew her out from Brazil to Vancouver, and took a trip to Seattle. We decided to stay at the Fairmont as they have great service ( I stayed in other Fairmont Hotels and it was amazing)

The service starting from the Vallet to the front desk and room service is just amazing. You feel like home and I didn't want to leave the place.. They called me by my name and that is HUGE for me ; ) The concierge was so pleased and happy to help. Thanks to William and Mario you guys made a HUGE difference on my trip...

I can't thank you enough!

Room Tip: Follow William's advice and go to Metropolitan Grill for an amazing steak.. then Cafe Camganha f...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eduardo. Thank you very much for the kind words. Our goal is to provide our guest with fond and memorable experiences; especially on special occasions. We are please that you enjoyed yourself and will pass your comments on to our staff. Safe travels!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

My cousin and stayed here to celebrate our 50th Birthdays and the hotel service was above and beyond my expectations (and I stay in Fairmonts frequently)!. The front desk staff were incredible in helping us select the perfect executive suite and even sent us a tray of chocolate dipped strawberries to mark the occasion! We enjoyed riding in the chauffeur driven Jaguar and the professional chauffeurs and doormen who consistently made us feel like royalty. We went swimming and enjoyed a pool long enough to swim lengths as well as a fantastic hot tub. The locker rooms were very nicely appointed and clean. Our room was very pretty with a pretty light green colour scheme and crystal lamps. Joining the President's Club provides you with many benefits including complementary internet and the loan of work out runners and clothes. Lovely stay - we'll definitely return.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at the Fairmont for one night this week as part of a large group travelling on business.

Check-in was very slow because we all arrived in a bunch but they didn't put more people on the desk to deal with it nor did they have our room keys ready in advance.

I was put into a small room on the second floor next to the swimming pool and lifts so there was quite a bit of through traffic in the corridor outside and a really lousy view of a flat roof and some litter outside. Not a big deal for one night but not terribly luxurious either.

I was slightly irked that the guy in the line in front of me got a top floor corner room with lovely views and the guy behind me got upgraded to a suite because of the wait at check in. I know because they were both in my party and were obviously delighted with the outcome and told us all. I obviously drew the short straw.

The room was fine, clean, well-appointed. The air conditioning unit in my room was too noisy to leave on and the one from the room next door was also very noisy and I didn't get a great night's sleep as a result.

But It's pretty astonishing to have to pay for internet connectivity these days and $8 for a bottle of water from the minibar is also pretty outrageous. In the last year I've stayed at Raffles, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton etc. and I'm pretty sure I didn't have to pay for water or internet at any of them. My colleagues tell me that their rooms had an espresso machine but mine did not, which is a shame. This is an increasingly common amenity.

So, what was good? Breakfast was fantastic. Really tasty omelette, nice buffet. The lobby is pretty impressive. I'm told (ahem!) that the views from the higher floors are nice. The bathroom is shiny and marble and the room compares well with other luxury hotels in terms of amenities and comfort. The location is good and central. They did a great shoe shine!

Room Tip: High floor with a coffee machine!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. The feedback will provide good training material. Thank you also for being a loyal guest of Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. It might be a good idea for you to consider signing up as a Presidents Club member. There are many benefits including free internet service which I think you would highly value. We can also track you preferences which would help us to ensure your satisfaction. Best Regards.