“Giving Back and Giving Well”

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Discovery Center
Ranked #34 of 474 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Discovery Center you can explore interactive exhibits and powerful stories highlighting how the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and its partners are working to improve the quality of life for billions of people around the globe. Discover innovations and bold ideas to solve pressing challenges facing our most vulnerable communities locally and globally. Find out how ordinary people are changing the world—and get inspired to take action. Free and next to Seattle Center.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This space introduces the work that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation are supporting to fundamentally improve the lives of millions of people. Interactive, fun and powerfully inspiring, this site is enjoyable for visitors of all ages.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"gears"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Fun to see and appreciate what the foundation is doing. I am very happy that my daughter and I decided to go in and check it out.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A visit to the public tour area gives insights into the remarkable projects supported by the Gates Foundation. The tour guides are knowledgable and the displays are professionally organized. I learned a lot

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We only had a short time to visit this FREE museum and wish we had so more time to invest. It is small, but mighty in its mission and vision. Very inspiring and wish more company executives would follow what Bill & Melinda Gates have done here and around the world.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We were visiting Seattle to see our son who lives there. I was drawn to visit because I have always been impressed that Bill and Melinda Gates donate so much time and money to countries that do not have the resources to help themselves. I was bowled over by my day at this venter. It made me realize that one person can make a difference. Now I’m inspired to try in my own community.They have a lot of ideas and creative ways to make the visitor figure out what we can do. Very interactive. Loved the waterless toilet. Learned a lot about disease prevention and how much difference a 50 cent donation can make in a developing region. Very well done ....especially Maria who provided our initial tour of the facility yesterday