“New York pizza was never this good”
Review of Delancey

Delancey
Ranked #396 of 4,643 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Inspired by NYC pizza, but possibly much, much better. As a native New Yorker, I'm hard-pressed to name a pizza place this absolutely delicious. Not to be missed.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about Delancey! We found this gem of a restaurant while on a short trip last year and recommend it to everyone who visits Seattle. You can smell their freshly made sweet tomato sauce before you even step inside! We started with one of their seasonal salads that was piled high with fresh lettuce and cheese, then enjoyed the Margherita pie, which was cooked to perfection with a bit of char on the extra thing crust and the most amazing sauce. We finished the meal with the fresh-baked gray sea salt chocolate chip cookies, warm, gooey and delicious!

We came earlier in the evening on a weeknight and sat on the sidewalk patio with our dog. It did get quite busy later in the evening so I would suggest coming earlier to secure a good spot (although they may take reservations now). After dinner, you can enjoy a delicious drink at their cute bar next door.

We have been talking about the pizza for the last year since our first visit, and are seriously considering making the quick flight up from LA just to try it again!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I am from Seattle, but have lived on the east coast for four years. Due to work I make it to Seattle every 4-6 weeks and no Trip is complete until I have a meal at Delancey! I am so predictable that co-workers tease me about it. Go to items are the White Pie and the sausage pizza and the Jersey salad with whatever IPA they have on tap. They don’t take reservations so there is likely a wait unless you come at opening time, but it is worth the time it takes to get a table.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

I have never given a restaurant less than two stars in a review, and this will likely be the longest review that I have ever written, sadly, without ever having an opportunity to sample their pizza.

For a number of years I have looked forward to eating here after being told that the pizza is excellent, which perhaps it is. Having grown up in the Bronx, in an Italian neighborhood, my hobby is findin Good Italian restaurants on my travels and especially comparing the different varieties of pizza. When I arrived in Seattle in 1970 it was almost impossible to find a decent, let alone good, pizza. Since then some of the best Italian food I have experienced has been eaten here and I am blessed to call some of the local restaurant owners good friends.

Enough of a preface:

Last evening I visited Delancey for the first time. It was crowded and I was not sure I could be seated which was fine by me. I entered, preceded by a young lady and stood aside waiting for the waitress/hostess to speak to me. She never looked up, nor was I acknowledged. She continued to speak to this person an then her friend who entered a few minutes later. After more than ten minutes of conversation this couple were seated. I then said I was alone and would like to eat here. The waitress pointed to a seat at the counter between two people that was literally no more than 30 inches of space. I then pointed at two empty tables at the front door asking if I could sit there and was told “I don’t seat anyone there it is for people with takeout orders, your wait will be 45 minutes.” I graciously said thank you (despite feeling rudely treated).

I returned to Delancey today, 15 minutes before it opened and found I was being waited upon by the same person...I guess just the luck of the draw. I ordered a glass of wine, a white pizza (years) with extra garlic. When the pizza came, I noticed something on the pizza I did not recognize, tasted it, and it was bacon. Upon asking the waitress why there was bacon on the pizza, I was told because she heard me order extra garlic and bacon. Well I left after a sip of wine (just a so-so Italian wine with very little body) and a horrible bacon aftertaste in my mouth.

I am sure the pizza is probably quite good here but I will not return as I do not think I want to see this rude, self centered waitress again and be treated poorly after she made a mistake!

Excellent pizza can be found at Puccinella on Rainier Avenue, Verracci on Market Street, and any of Joe Fugere’s Tutta Bella restaurants. Each of these places has an excellent choice of red wine and very good customer service.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Larry S
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We are very picky about pizza and live quite a distance away. It was well worth the trip. The pizza, recommend wine and dessert were all great. We shall return !

Date of visit: March 2018