“Best Mexican I've found in NW”

Barrio Mexican Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Barrio Mexican Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #278 of 4,276 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Cross street: Madison or Pike
Description: Barrio is a restaurant that combines Mexican cuisine with innovative craft cocktails in an energetic urban environment.
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Decided to go here when I saw they had chicken posole - Excellent choice. The posole is a must try. Not many Mexican restaurants serve it. Enchiladas are also excellent. I'm from Texas so eat a LOT of Mexican food. Will definitely eat here again next time in Seattle!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The food was pretty good the service was sub par to say the least. We waited a log time to get a drink. Then when we ordered a second drink he brought it when we were finished. Why would I want it then. We addressed it withthe waiter who merely shrugged.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The only reason why I didn't give Barrio a '5' is because it's a little pricey. Not too expensive, but enough for me to question how hungry I was because I didn't want to spend a lot.

The food here is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I got the taquitos and the grilled corn, I would have taken a picture but by the time I had remembered I was already half way done with me food. The next time I eat here, I will be sure to order multiple ears of corn - so yummy! The restaurant also takes reservations, which was really important since we had a party of 7 for a bachelorette party. Our waiter was really nice too, he cracked jokes and made sure we had what we needed.

*PS- if the person who paid for our meal ever reads this review thank you, thank you, thank you! We all appreciate it and it was a wonderful way to start our evening!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stopped by for lunch and waited 10 mins before anyone acknowledged my guest and I. Once we were ready to order, it once again proved to be a challenge to hunt down our server.

My guest and I ordered the steak and fish tacos. The fish taco was over battered but the steak taco was good. The food was ok for the cost. I know for sure there is better Mexican food for equal or lesser cost in the area that wont leave you sitting at your table waiting for service. I will not be returning.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Heard about this place from a friend who frequents Seattle. There was a group of 7 of us on a Saturday and they seated us right away. The margaritas were ordered, and WOW!!, no light pour here.
it was Happy Hour so we ordered a bunch of appies... the guacamole was incredible!! Chunks of avocado and not sure what their secret ingredient was, but hands down the best guacamole I have ever had.
We also ordered the melted cheese with the chorizo and the chicken tostas, all were excellent!
Service was wonderful and the food was a defiante "will return"