“Noisy, expensive motel”

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #23 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here and found out we were upgraded to a king suite for free. We stayed in room 312 on the corner of the building. It was a Friday night, super loud even with the air on, noisy, rude neighbors yelling in the hallway @ 2am, kids screaming. Will not stay here again for the $100 we paid for one night.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Tracy T
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Hi Tracy, thank you for taking time to post your comments for all the world to see... : ) We are guilty as charged. We did in fact check in 2 families travelling together, with kids, into a couple of rooms near yours at about 1:00a.m. They were from Vancouver B.C and needed to rest for the night. While we did not find them to be celebrating in the hall we do know they spoke in the hall before going into their separate rooms.
This can be noisy when an otherwise peaceful hallway is occupied by a few guests still using the “outdoor” voices. We may want to re-think late check-ins as well as be sure to alert guests to please keep the noise down.

Our entire business depends on our guests enjoying a restful night’s sleep. We clearly failed to meet that standard and for that I apologize. Please let us know if you decide to give us another try as I will be sure your fridge is full of Georgetown brewing’s finest… Thank you and Cheers!

Reviewed 7 May 2012

My family was thrilled with our stay at the Georgetown Inn. I will say that they are not fancy, but what they do, they do right! Our suite was spotless, and included a full size fridge, stove, dishwasher and whirlpool tub. The Inn is in a comercial/industrial area right off the freeway, but we turned on the fan on the heating unit and had no problem sleeping. The price for the Seattle area is fantastic. They are within about 4 miles from the market area, Seattle University and about 6 miles from the space needle area. The staff was very helpful giving us directions and helping us when our car broke down. I would recommend this for everyone!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Kathleen K
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Hi Kathleen, thank you for the kind words. "Not fancy" is a perfect description of the Georgetown Inn. Like the neighborhood itself we are very simple. Clean room, safe environment, nice people at a great price… All the best to you and you family. Hope your son the right school and the best fit for your family… Cheers! Rich

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I messed up our plans to stay downtown Seattle at the last minute and found this by accident, but am glad we did. Very clean, attentive staff, late night check in very helpful, morning coffee was ready when I was and the place was very well cared for in and out. Parking a bit tight, but would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank amcord
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed in the suit for my birthday. I am sure i was a bit of a handful :) the staff were amazingly sweet and helped in anyway they possibly could. Gave me a late check out and left a sweet note on my door. The Manager Rich was easy to get on with and very personable.
I would recommend staying here for any occasion.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jessica_sueSeattle
Reviewed 18 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Richard C
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012