All reviews continental breakfast georgetown area boeing field va hospital free washer and dryer jacuzzi tub minute drive close to downtown fresh fruit stay there again across the street seatac airport room was clean and comfortable big city rental car within walking distance the staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We arrived at this little "gem" of a hotel on Friday night a couple of weeks ago and actually extended our stay for another night - not only to enjoy the city, but enjoy our comfy digs and rest a bit more. From the excellent staff (Tony, Richard, etc) at the front desk, to the highly recommended "The Hangar Cafe"! The rooms are clean, the coffee hot, the linens crisp and the beds very comfortable. We actually enjoyed a kitchenette room, perfect for us, because we brought back leftovers for a midnight snack! For the location, I couldn't imagine even staying in some of the pricier hotels in downtown Seattle with this little secret find! We look forward to coming back again soon, and will recommend this hotel to our friends!

2  Thank Kelley M
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have stayed at the Georgetown several times over the past several years because of it's convenient location but was overwhelmed with the difference in service and atmosphere since it has been under new management. It began with having the option to make my own reservation online. I sent off a quick email asking about an early check in and was responded to within minutes with a "come on in." The staff at the front desk made checkin and checkout a breeze. Anthony "Tony" was phenomenal. He was professional and friendly and extremely helpful. They certainly have an excellent representative for their motel with him at the front desk. There is no doubt I will be staying again and would highly recommend this "hidden gem" to anyone. James

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank jms2905
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

James, thank you for the amazing review...I can assure you we do not take these reviews lightly or for granted and it makes my day to read these. I believe we are well received by our guests because we keep things very simple and we are priced fairly. We are a basic hotel, no doubt about it. I can promise you a nice comfortable bed, top quality linens and comforters, helpful and considerate staff and a true desire to make your stay here as pleasant as possible. We don't pretend to be the best hotel in Seattle but we do take pride in our work. We’ll keep doing what do and hope you keep coming back. Please let me know when you’re coming back and I’ll be sure there is a Growler of Manny’s in the fridge for you~ Cheers! Rich

Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is a great hotel in a perfect location in Seattle, right near the freeway. Richard at the front desk was very helpful, the service was perfect, and the hotel was very clean, and the free breakfast was incredible. Walking distance to many restaurants and bars. Highly recommended.

1  Thank scott m
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Hey Scott, thanks so much for the great review. I was covering the front desk for a few hours Sunday morning and I think I remember your group. We had quite a few guests staying here for the Museum of Flight Hops & Props beer tasting...We definitely had plenty of late check out requests and I also had a box of Alka Seltzer on the counter for those in need. We hope to see you again soon but if not definitely at next years Hops & Props. Cheers! Rich...

Reviewed 26 February 2012

When we checked in we were greeted by a young man named Tony. He was so pleasant & most helpful. Our room was as what we saw on the website, very clean, & we never had any complaints except the heater never shut off. The continental breakfast was good, fresh fruit every morning.

1  Thank blackdebbie

Hello there! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Tony is awesome and really does have a good time running the front desk. I am sorry to hear the heater was not cooperating for you. There is a thermostat dial that needs to be set to manage the room temperature. Also, you can always call the front desk and we will either fixe the problem or more you to another room. Thank you again for the kind words and the great review. Please let me know if I can be of service. Thanks! Rich

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I enjoyed my two day stay. The staff is friendly, rooms are immaculate, free breakfast is good. I would have given this hotel five stars but the location is in a rough area and it not not safe to go on foot after dark.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank David A
Seattlehotel, General Manager at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Hello and thank you for the kind words. I have included an artticle from the NY Times about Georgetown... I hope the next time you're in town you to get out and see the neighborhood. Introduce yourself as a guest of ours and you will be well taken care of by the local merchants:

NY Times
From Brewers to Baristas in Seattle
Georgetown has benefited from an influx of arts-related businesses like the Fantagraphics Bookstore.
By MATTHEW PREUSCH
Published: June 1, 2008

THE draw of a neighborhood bracketed by an Interstate and a Superfund-listed river is obscure. That may be what has kept the developers who rounded the rough edges off of other Seattle neighborhoods like Ballard and Fremont out of Georgetown.

“Georgetown is really the last outpost of any blue-collar, bohemian arts culture in Seattle,” said Larry Reid, curator at Fantagraphics Bookstore and Gallery
In 2006 Fantagraphics Books, a comics publisher, opened the store, which has both the nine-volume hardcover “Complete Peanuts” and an extensive adult section, in one of the red-bricked buildings along Airport Way South that date to Georgetown’s heyday.
Before being annexed by Seattle in 1910, Georgetown was a wide-open saloon town with its own horse racing track, leading a local preacher to dub it “the cesspool of Seattle.” Built up by workers at Boeing and the Rainier Brewing Company, the neighborhood, just south of downtown, faltered in the postwar era. Interstate 5 drove a concrete and rebar stake through its heart.
Meanwhile the city around it was transformed by the dot-com boom, coffee culture and soaring real estate prices. Then in the late 1990s, displaced artists and artisans drawn by cheap rents started moving to Georgetown to open tile works, Vespa repair shops and glass blowing studios.
More recently came the bars, coffee shops and restaurants, places like Smarty Pants where welders and Bettie Page-haircut hipsters chase pulled pork sandwiches with pints of Georgetown Brewing Company’s Manny’s Pale Ale.
Head north or south from Smarty Pants on Airport Way and you’ll find similar establishments, like Jules Maes Saloon or 9lb Hammer
Still, it’s not hard to find Seattle natives who’ve never been to Georgetown, or when trying to drive there find themselves lost in a cat’s cradle of railroad tracks, off ramps and scrap yards.
All that could soon change. In January, a developer leveled part of the historic Seattle Brewing and Malting Company, Rainier’s predecessor and once the world’s sixth-largest beer-making plant. In March, plans were unveiled for a five-story office and retail complex.
Georgetowners originally protested the development but have become more accepting since the design was altered to address their concerns.
Not that they’re going to take change lying down, said Erika Cowan, who stocks more than 300 types of beer and 200 wines at Full Throttle Bottles
“This community is really tight,” she said as a Motown record spun in her shop’s jukebox. “And really scrappy.”

Cheers! Rich