All reviews capitol hill other guests great neighborhood yogurt beautiful pool heated pool private bathroom seattle skyline continental breakfast hard boiled eggs breakfast table lovely property common areas are restaurants and bars the ground floor stayed longer pacific northwest
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

It was wonderful to return after 3 yrs away. Bennett and Eric were welcoming and helpful, my room was quiet, clean, comfortable and elegantly appointed. Breakfast is always a treat at the Gaslight, and this trip was no exception. Looking forward to my next visit!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Innkeeper9, Guest Relations Manager at Gaslight Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

@fromthehat...

We're glad you remembered us after three years and we look forward to seeing you again...hopefully, it won't take so long next time.thanks for your kind words.

Take care!

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

The husband and I spent two nights at Gaslight Inn, and absolutely loved it. The property is gorgeous, as is the art throughout, our room was spacious and well appointed, and the owners and staff were awesome. We also had some very nice guests to meet and chat with over breakfast. The location is great. Gaslight is close to tons of restaurants and night life, and we were able to park on the street one block away or closer the entire time, even on Saturday. We found that everything was just as good as outlined on their website. We definitely recommend this place and look forward to returning.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks, Mark, for sharing your experience! We're happy you enjoyed the house and found our neighborhood as convenient as we do.

Best of luck to you and your husband!

Reviewed 28 March 2016

I had a delightful 5-night stay at the Gaslight Inn. As I was either on foot or using local mass transit, its location was central enough that I was walking downtown or around Capitol Hill most of the trip, resorting to Uber to climb the hill after dinner.
My ample room on the 2eme etage was at the head of a narrower flight of stairs, and had a splendid view of downtown, including that Space Needle, as well as overlooking a deck and the patio around their pool. [All went unused, as it was cool and overcast.] The presence of a sink and well lit mirror, a small closet, a much appreciated bureau and two very comfortable sitting chairs gave a settled sense of home. The up-to-date bathroom facility on the middle floor was comfortable and functional.
Climbing the stairs from the broad foyer, the landing mid flight was what I've always wanted - a place for a quiet reading nook. To the left of the foyer were two rooms, including a gas fireplace which seemed to always be on. The front parlor sits in front of the dining room, where 8 can sit comfortably, and enjoy the delicious breakfast.

Honesty disclaimer: my 5-night stay was the prize from an online contest at a website not affiliated with the Gaslight Inn.

Room tip: I loved my room - #106 - in the back, great view
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Innkeeper9, Public Relations Manager at Gaslight Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Ken...

Thank you for painting a lovely picture of our B&B with your kind, very descriptive words. We hope you can stay with us again soon, perhaps when the weather permits all of us to enjoy the pool area.

Best of luck to you!

TGI

Reviewed 2 January 2016

The staff is so sweet; the fireplace provides a wonderfully relaxing tone; the continental breakfast is just what I need every morning. There's nowhere else I would rather stay in Seattle than the Gaslight Inn... I can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Innkeeper9, Public Relations Manager at Gaslight Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Lee...thanks for leaving your kind note here! We look forward to your next visit.

Best.

—TGI

Reviewed 26 December 2015

We live in the Seattle area, and my wife & I decided to do a local mini-vacation as a Christmas gift to each other. We wanted to be "car-less in Seattle", so we wanted someplace centrally-located, but not downtown. The Gaslight Inn filled the bill perfectly. Bus stops are located about a block away, and we were usually downtown in about 10 minutes. That's less time than we would spend simply trying to find a parking space. The inn was exquisitely decorated, and that helped to put us in the holiday spirit. Our room was warm and welcoming, and the bed most comfortable. It even had flannel sheets, which made things extra cozy on some rainy Seattle nights. Our room also had a small balcony with a view of downtown. Breakfast was a Continental-style "serve yourself" affair, served from 8 - 10am. The nice thing about that is we weren't tied to a specific time, and could sleep in if we wanted. There were plenty of fresh fruit choices, along with yogurt and delicious pastries. We hated to leave. Steve and his staff do a wonderful job! Thank you!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

John...

So happy to read that you and your wife had a good stay with us. You're more than welcome — and we thank you for sharing your kind words with the TripAdvisor community.

Best to both of you!