1,330 results
All reviews dog park homeless people courtyard room space needle great location across the street within walking distance free bikes street noise pike place market rooftop patio bell town open the window restaurants and bars small kitchenette stay there again coffee maker
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the price per night was considerably less than other downtown hotels. The location also cannot be beat, as it is about six blocks from either Pike's Place Market or the Space Needle. Downtown restaurants are also walkable or a $4-7 uber ride away. You do need to realize you are not paying for a Four Seasons experience. Some renovations are in progress, but some things like the stained bathroom linoleum remain to be refreshed. Also, the air conditioning is a somewhat noisy in-room unit. Lack of parking for check-in/checkout is a pain. Finding nothing on the street, I paid $10 in a nearby lot to get checked in. After check-in, parking is available in a garage a block away for $20 per night.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2016

On a tour of the northwest, this was the one hotel that failed us. The location was great for walking around the city, but that is the end of the pros. The lobby and hallways were all under construction, which made it unpleasant- the look and the smell of the carpet glue. I understand construction is necessary, but there should be warnings about this on their website, which there are none. Additionally, the updates they are making are purely aesthetic, but what they really need to invest in is new, soundproof windows! The first night, we arrived very late and though the window to the room was shut, we could hear EVERYTHING outside our window, which faced the dog park/bus stop which had activity all night long. No one was yelling or talking loudly, but i could hear word-for-word their conversation. i complained the next morning and thankfully, they were able to move us, to a courtyard facing room, which was much better. But even then- the room was tiny, the bathroom had no counter space or storage space, the towels were small and threadbare, and the bed was uncomfortable. Additionally, there was no in-room safe, and this is a place that I would definitely want to make use of one. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room or expect to be up all night.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2016

'Currently upgrading' - not mentioned anywhere during the booking process but as soon as you arrive the smell of glue and chemicals is overpowering. As well as the smell, my second-floor room was directly above a very popular, very loud cafe. The music was going strong at 1am and again at 7.30am when they opened for brunch - you will hear it loud and clear. When the cafe is closed, you will hear all the traffic noise. Avoid.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 13 August 2016

I stayed at the Belltown Inn while waiting to move over to my conference hotel I was in town for. Had I known in advance it was such a cool property, I would have just stayed there for the duration, especially given the rate. I lucked out that night, as there was a street festival going on (it looked to be for a charitable cause of some sort), and there was music, food vendors, and interactive booths. In this area, there seems to be a combination of visitors and natives. Likewise, there's a nice mix of neighborhood markets/grocers, restaurants, and bars. The rooms are small, but cozy, and very clean, which was great. Plus, there was a complimentary bottle of water and two soft drinks in the fridge, which was a nice and appreciated touch. They also have a list of favorite neighborhood eateries at the front desk. I absolutely loved this hotel! It's fantastically centrally-located to all of the most desired "must visit' spots, and I DEFINITELY plan to stay there again on my next trip to Seattle, but it will be for my entire visit!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2016

The first thing I must address is whether you need 1 or 2 beds in your room. I was traveling with my aunt so we wanted 2 beds. Apparently, there are only a few rooms with 2 beds. We were on the second floor, in a front corner room (at 3rd Ave and Bell). It is very loud! There are 2 bus stops outside and the bus runs until 1:00 am and starts again at 5:30 am. I put in earplugs to deal with that. What I couldn't deal with are the neighborhood people outside between midnight and 2 am hanging out, screaming and yelling. After 2 mostly sleepless nights, I asked to be moved to a new room. Unfortunately, all the rooms with 2 beds are in that corner of the hotel. So, if you need 2 beds and want your hotel to be quiet when you sleep, this is not the place for you! We were moved to a new room and shared a bed. Not an ideal situation but it was super quiet (we felt like we were in a different hotel!) The best part of the hotel is absolutely the location! Their motto is that you can walk to everything from their location and that is definitely true. SO, if you are looking for a no-frills, budget hotel with one bed in walking distance to many things, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is inside and faces the courtyard
Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends