All reviews shared bathroom yogurt stumptown coffee youth hostel deluxe room private bath heavy luggage no lift washers and dryers waffle maker body wash make your own waffles breakfast room pike market location is great breakfast was included rooms are small
Reviewed 21 April 2016

As an Ace frequenter (New York, Palm Springs, London) I can say with certainty that the Seattle location is pretty dull in comparison to the others. Not quite as nice. The good thing is, it's much quieter than the others. It's a bit odd, and I'm doubtful I'd come back to this location. Staff are great, and so is the bar!

Room Tip: 119 is a nice corner room. A little smelly though, not sure what it is.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ShaneFleming
Reviewed 18 April 2016

We really enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Ace Hotel in Seattle.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

Great breakfast room (always included in the price I think) for tea, coffee, juice, toast, cereals, yoghurt etc... and a machine to make your own waffles.

We opted for one of the king rooms with its own bathroom. I can't remember the room number, but it was a very generously sized room with a terrace on the inner courtyard.

Very large and comfortable bed (at least super-king sized, maybe bigger!). Big shower room accessed by two huge sliding reclaimed timber doors. Great walk-in shower - very spacious, no chance of knocking elbows against the walls. And large bottles of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner supplied as standard.

There always seemed to be plenty of shared bathrooms available and, from what I could see, they were always very clean.

We found the location to be excellent. Plenty of nearby bars and restaurants. And fine to walk to many of the nearby neighbourhoods - we just used a cab to get to Ballard, everywhere else we walked to/from.

Room Tip: Room(s) that face onto the inner courtyard are very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I carefully read the Tripadvisor reviews of this hotel before choosing it. I wanted a low cost no fuss place to stay. I knew I wouldn't be in our room much as we were there to explore a new city. Also the trip was with my 23 y/o who is laid back. The hotel has a minimalist hipster vibe. I knew my daughter would love it.. The staff is sweet and kind. Young people, but very nice and respectful. The reviews of the shower rooms were correct. Clean and mostly adequate. I do wish towels were kept in the bathrooms, not in the rooms. There is little precious space to put jackets clothes etc. The shower room sink is too small to wash your hair. There also need to be hooks for the robes. The robes are adequate, but could be a bit fluffier. I can see how the rooms would be hot in warmer seasons. We left our window open or cracked and it's April. I loved that the room includes a small table top fan. The electrical plugs are scare as well. As I said we only slept, changed,showered and rested in between exploring so we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was good. DIY make your own waffle, boiled eggs, yogurt, granola,fresh fruit, & selection of breads with jam and peanut butter. Free Wi-fI and great location. The walk to Pike's Place was a breeze. We even walked across town and it wasn't bad at all.Great restaurants & bars on 1st and 2nd. Eat at Falafel King down by Pikes...so good. List Tapas really good as well. Street side rooms have very loud vehicle and crowd noise.

Room Tip: Street rooms have very, very loud street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2016

The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful, attentive, and professional. The premises was clean, thoughtfully laid out, with all the amenities you could need. I would absolutely recommend staying here, but here are some tips for management:

1. The windows are pretty thin, so there's a lot of outside noise. Get the windows double paned (helps with temperature control too) or at least provide earplugs
2. There aren't any full length mirrors in the rooms - with a smidge of creativity, you can find space!
3. There isn't anywhere to put so much as a razor in the shower (the ledges or too small). Even a suction cup basket or one hanging from the shower head would go a long way to make this more convenient

Overall, our stay was awesome. Breakfast was good with make your own waffles, cereal, yogurt, cheese, english muffins with PB&J, and hard boiled eggs. Also, we were upgraded to an en suite for free!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2016

We liked the hotel a lot, it is close to the waterfront and public transportation. The hotel itself is pretty straightforward, rooms are comfortable (however, a little more ventilation of the rooms would not hurt). Staff was really helpful and friendly, I almost forgot to check tripadvisor as the folks were able to help us a lot. Definitely returning if we are going to stay another time in Seattle.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends