“Great tour experience”
Review of M & M Tours

M & M Tours
Ranked #42 of 52 Tours in Skagway
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We booked our white pass railway excursion because they had a better option for my older parents (less walking and shorter duration). They owners were always very responsive to my email questions. Their office is right at the port where we docked. The excursion was exactly what we wanted and the prices were very fair.

All reviews
"alaska"
in 18 reviews
"jenkins"

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

The whale watch was great however.... I really felt like this company ripped me off. I paid $315 for two people for the whale watch. After talking with other people on this boat I found out that Dustin, the guy who sold me the tickets, sold other people the same deal for cheaper and by a significant amount. Other people here paid $260. He also told us that there was going to be lunch and plenty of food and drinks on the boat. Dustin lied to us and there was a granola bar and a bottle of water. Wtf?! Also at the end of the whale watch a guy who claimed to be a regular passenger stood up and said "let's take care of our crew" and handed Andrew, the captain, 20 dollars. Later we find out his name is Kenny and he works for the tour group. Just got a really nasty feeling about this tour.

The whales were fine. Nice. Will look elsewhere for whale watches though. Not worth it. Andrew and Sam were great.

1  Thank MJTravels16
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I booked all my tours in Alaska with M & M tours. They offered better prices than booking directly with the cruise line. They are knowledgeable and responsive. I had many questions as this was my first time in Alaska. They never hesitated to answer all my questions right away. Thank you to the Jennings brothers for being so helpful with my tour arrangements.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We purchased the Yukoner bus trip at the m and m kiosk and the tour departed at the Southeast tour kiosk downtown. My boyfriend and I checked into the tour early and his name was spelled wrong on the list so they highlighted someone elses name. We were told we were going be on Mervs bus. They never called our name and his bus left. Another bus pulls up and our names werent called. At this point the bus is full and there was only a spot in the front and back of the bus. The single rider never moved to the spot in the back. Then we waited around forever because someone was buying popcorn. The guide said rides arent guaranteed and then embarrassed us in front of the entire bus asking if someone would be willing to take a different seat on the way back. The bus made some stops and my bf sat next to me on one of the stops which caused drama with the people who wanted to sit next to their friends so we had people making rude comments to us. There was nothing interesting on the tour and it turns around at the Yukon sign. $140 and 3.5 hours just to sit uncomfortably on a bus with pissed off people wanting to start a fight and disorganized staff.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Booked this tour to support local business rather than give more $ to the big shipping companies which have so many tours and retail outlets tied up and we were not disappointed. Tomas our guide was a very knowledgable and passionate advocate for the area and had lots of interesting information to impart and was also very happy to be an unofficial photo taker at the many scenic photo stops. What put these guys head and shoulders above the rest was that they didn't stop caring after we left the tour! We wandered around town and it wasn't until I got back to the ship I discovered I had left my prescription sunglasses in the bus! The ship eventually let me use their phone (be quick its only for emergencies!) but these guys found the glasses and delivered them to Security at the dock and I got them back! Thanks a million from Australia ... you deserve lots and lots of success in your business ventures because you still care about your customers!

Been to M & M Tours? Share your experiences!