“Beware! Unethical business practices!”

Capers Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 320 Restaurants in Kennesaw
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Capers in a group of 17. They have a Specials menu on which some items have prices (entrees, wines, desserts) and some (soups, veggies, starches) do not. Most of us chose a soup, only to find out that we were all charged $5 for it when we got our checks. The waitress took it up with the manager, who said the soup was listed on the main menu and showed the price. Wow. We only ordered it because it looked like it was part of the deal. They lost 17 potential returnees ($900 this night) over some deceptive $5 charges. Not the way I would run my business!

1  Thank Jim W

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This restaurant is so special that my husband and I would go here for special occasions. You have to try the strawberry shortcake! Best desert ever!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing selection, flavor, taste, ambiance..... I'm always pleased. Don't miss this best kept secret in Kennesaw!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We don’t get to Capers thst often, but ever time that we do -we have a fantastic experience. The food and the service are top notch and there is plenty of parking. A great place to enjoy a fine dinner experience.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

My spouse likes Capers, but I'm not wild about it. I prefer others (Fish Mkt, Houstons, Pappadeaux, Ruth Chris). Don't like the strip mall & there's not any hot green leafy vegetables (i.e. sauteed spinach) on menu. I also don't like how the owner shows a blatant difference in his customers. I get the Hawaiian Ribeye & mashed potatoes, but don't want the green beans (their only option). Also, the owner isn't friendly with all customers. We're Black (so is he), but he barely speaks & definitely caters to the Whites. I prefer going where I don't see color and the owner comes out and gives friendly chats with everyone. Even the art on the wall in the dining areas lacks diversity; unless you go into the back of the restaurant where the bar is located, you won't see Black art. We eat out all of the time, but only patronize there if we are too lazy to go elsewhere, like tonight (Valentines). Canceled reservations at Fish Mkt in ATL because neither of us feel like driving there for 8pm dinner, but will be there Saturday night for the fried lobster, spinach, and mashed potatoes.