1,327 results
All reviews cloud forest on site costa rica night walk research station yogurt pool table milk the cows movie theater the main road juan carlos night tour arenal volcano hiking trails self guided horseback riding dairy farm
Reviewed 3 January 2017

I enjoyed a glamorous stay, the attention was excellent and the place is really extraordinary. I plan to go back soon. The rooms far exceeded my expectations and the food is really good. The prices are fair, I recommend the place to take a good rest.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
villablanca2011, President / CEO at Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Dear Alvaro L,

Gracias for your encouraging review of the great service and value you found at Villa Blanca. With our staff, the essence of the authentic Costa Rican hospitality of San Ramon, exceeding guest expectations from accommodations to gourmet menus of local gastronomy, it’s easy to come and chill in an atmosphere so extraordinary and the cloud forests of El Silencio.

Saludos,

Jim Damalas
President/CEO
Greentique Hotels

Reviewed 22 December 2016

A lovely hotel set in the Cloud Forest, must things to do are the nocturnal walk and early morning bird walk oh and don't forget to visit the hummingbird feeding station. The staff are helpful and friendly and food great. Just watch out for the tarantulas.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Lovely individual casitas set in the middle of the cloud forest, with wood burners and rocking chairs to make them extra cosy. The restaurant was excellent, with many of the vegetables grown on site as well as milk from the cows on the little farm (which visitors are welcome to help milk). The service in all areas was exceptional - friendly and attentive. There are plenty of self-guided trails for discovering the abundant birdlife as well as various other animals. You can also take guided day or night hikes with knowledgeable guides. There are comfortable, spacious communal areas including a pool table and yoga room. A unique experience in our favourite place of the two weeks we spent in four different locations in Costa Rica. Just don't expect to see this sun - this is a cloud forest - although you may get lucky.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2016

We started our Costa Rica adventure here. We only had one night and I wish now that we had stayed for two days. Being cloud forest its cooler than you might expect, but the hotel's main attraction is that there are walks in the grounds and a small biological research station and the relatively cheap (for costs rica!) tour we did with a guide was very very good indeed. He knew his stuff, and even though this was our first costa rica "nature walk" and as such we heard some things for the first time, I thought his enthusiasm shone through - some of the guides in costa rica are less helpful, or poorer communicators - not here. Hummingbird feeders - a bit double edged that, but they work extremely well. The food was pretty good and the views. I bet the night walk would also have been special.I cant promise you the red kneed tarantula walking slowly across the grass in the morning, but I bet you see at least one amazing thing yourself.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was the lowest rate - perfectly adequate - two bathrooms including a spa bath that had a view the chapel in the grounds. Its known for holding weddings & would be good as part of a honneymoon.
Reviewed 16 December 2016

Attentive staff - very knowledgeable about the environment, animals and history
Excellent food and wine
Beautiful scenery along with the clouds
View from casita was the chapel - very serene
Was there when a wedding was being celebrated in the chapel - music filled the countryside - most beautiful!

Room Tip: Every casita has it features - this was my 6th stay at Villa Blanca. This time had a beautiful view of the chapel - last time, I had a casita that let me see a herd of kutimunda come down from the hills to forage.
Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends