1,341 results
All reviews holiday inn express harbor view room great location pool and hot tub pancake machine major marine tours free breakfast is cruise ship the breakfast area seward harbor within walking distance small boat harbor mountain view fishing boats yogurt alaska railroad your luggage
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have always tended to stay at this property back when it was the Holiday Inn Express, but recently was my first time staying here since they were acquired by Major Marine Tours and became the Harbor 360 Hotel. With the recent gorgeous weather, I decided to take a spur of the moment trip down to Seward and go on the Major Marine grey whale watch tour. And decided to splurge and stay overnight to enjoy the views and weather.

I was hoping to stay in one of the King harbor view rooms with balcony, which is often the norm for me. But saw during the reservation process they were all listed as "sold out". Which I later learned was because they are being remodeled and won't be completed until the beginning of May. I ended up booking a double queen harbor view room which was $119.00 plus tax.

Check in for the gray whale watch cruise was at the Major Marine office at the front of the hotel so it was quite convenient for me to park in, check in for the cruise and then load at the back ramp. I had a bit of extra time so found myself catching up on email while sitting in the area they serve breakfast. All reservations come with free breakfast, which I didn't partake in the following morning.

During my planning process I contacted the hotel explaining I was gluten / soy free and did they have microwaves in their rooms? The front desk was quick to respond to my email and it was during this time I was advised that all rooms had mini fridges but only the king rooms had microwaves. The king rooms, which of course were not available. So I was going to have to get creative with my food planning. I am thankful for the mini fridges though as it came in quite handy that evening.

After the grey whale watch cruise ended I returned to the hotel lobby a little after five to find a very long line at the front desk. Two employees were assisting people with check in. One looked quite jovial and the other, not so much. I'm actually glad I ended up being assisted by the jovial one. When he saw my camera gear he assumed I was the photographer checking in for the weekend wedding. Now I know why the line was so long. Despite the long lines the check in went quite quickly. I was given a third floor room and made my way too it after having to wait awhile on the elevator (lot of people at the hotel).

After checking out the room, I found it to be clean and quickly went downstairs to pick up the remainder of my items. I noted the parking lot was starting to get full so just decided to take it easy for the remainder of the night and have my meal I had brought in my room. Despite being nearly sold out that evening, I found the room to be quiet and didn't hear any noise from the hallway from people coming and going. I did however hear some of the construction noise from the remodeling, but that ended shortly before 7:00 p.m. Which was acceptable.

The bed was comfortable and following a decent nights sleep I checked out early the next morning for an early start to head back to Anchorage. All in all it was a solid stay.

A few things to note. Part of the remodeling includes redoing the railings that are on the room balconies. Which I am very supportive of. I always thought the wrought iron railings on the Holiday Inn Express rooms seemed rickety. Additionally the amenities. Wireless access is password secured and you are given the password and account login at check in. My room had a coffee maker with various coffees in the room and noted the shampoo / conditioner was the type where the dispenser is attached to the wall in the shower. A small bar of soap was sitting next to the sink. Beyond that amenities were rather scarce. I would like to see the addition of tea as not everyone is a coffee drinker.

Additionally pre-payment is required for all Harbor 360 rooms, even in the off season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbor view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Lindsay M, Public Relations Manager at Harbor 360 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Angie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review! We are glad to have had you stay with us since your last stay with the Holiday Inn Express and we are happy to hear you have noticed the improvements we have been working hard on since taking over ownership. Your review details many of the things we take great pride in and we appreciate you highlighting them. We are definitely enjoying the convenience of having a Major Marine Tours office in our lobby to ease check-in and boarding for daily cruises and we hope you had a memorable trip on the water! We do want to apologize for any confusion on the balcony rooms or microwaves. There are communal microwaves on each floor, so there shouldn't be much of a need for special meal preparations. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in Seward again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Once again my girlfriend and I wanted to get away for the weekend and take advantage of the early season discounts. We were able to booked a newly remodeled room for $89 and a Gray whale watching tour at a great prices as well. All located in the hotel. The hotel room was great, breakfast included with pre-cooked omelets, bacon, instant oatmeal, pancake machine, cold cereal, milk, bagels, I mean everything. They hotel also has a small pool and hot tub. Staff is super friendly and helpful and it is in the hart of the harbor and all the shops and restaurants. Hurry up before the prices go up for the summer

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Lindsay M, Public Relations Manager at Harbor 360 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We are so thrilled that you were able to partake in our Spring Fever Package with Major Marine Tours and had an enjoyable stay and cruise. This time of year is definitely one of our favorite before the full-blown summer season and we are glad to have had you as our guest. We are looking forward to your next stay with us! Thanks again!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We loved every minute of our stay here! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! Enjoyed the breakfast and definitely the view from our room!!! We were even entertained by a sea otter at the harbor! Looking forward to going back soon!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Overall stay was Outstanding!!! From the time that I made the reservation all the way up to checkout and beyond when I witnessed the hotel manager vacuuming the lobby floor in a shirt and tie. I was obvious that the employees take tremendous pride in what they do. The continental breakfast was very good the next morning and the hotel staff was very accommodating. I plan to stay there again in April or anytime I go to Seward. I would highly recommend the Harbor 360 Hotel to anyone!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I wouldn’t highly suggest this hotel to anyone staying in Seward. The rooms were great, views amazing and the pool supplied my kids with hours of entertainment! It is also so nice to be able to walk downstairs in the morning for breakfast instead of having to find somewhere to eat first thing in the morning.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family