All reviews sea bean coffee shop downstairs claw foot tub sea life center vintage building grinder great location charming decor baked oatmeal small apartment within walking distance in town wood floors shuttle stop bed was comfortable separate bedroom full kitchen
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Great place to stay, close to everything, great staff that stored our luggage, and a cafe downstairs that gave us a complimentary glass of wine. (apparently comes with our stay)The food at the café was very good as well.

Room Tip: sunrise suite
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the stay here. They have a nice kitchenette and the Safeway is close. The bed was comfortable along with the futon. I would stay here again. All rooms are on the second floor but the stairs are fine.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank GregoryT3037
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the adventure room (more like an apartment). It had a full kitchen, bathroom, studio like bedroom living room combo with a small room off of the room that had a. Twin cot and built in dresser. It had a decent view of a small mountain. The good: it was quirky and fun, it had full kitchen, even though we didn’t use because we were there just one night. It is in town, so walking distance to shopping and restaurants.
Not so good: The bed was hard as a rock. I tried twin cot, but it was squeaky and lumpy. I ended up sleeping on the futon. My adult daughter slept on the bed, and she didn’t have an issue. I have had back and neck fusion, so I’m more picky. Floors squeak and they go downhill in some places. There are about 15 stairs to climb to get upstairs where rooms are. There is a deadbolt as the only thing that keeps the door closed. They didn’t make me feel too safe. The water pressure seemed good, but we left early and didn’t use the shower. It was a claw foot tub, which was fun to see.

I would say a good place to stay if you are young and energetic with no issues with hard beds or squeaky floors.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Meredith H, Owner at Sauerdough Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

I'm sorry you had issues with the bed! It is a new mattress, and it's maybe a medium firmness. Not too soft, not too hard. The twin "cot" that you described has been replaced with an actual twin bed. Our floors are original, and do squeak sometimes. All our apartments have the original doors, which means that the doorknobs are vintage and don't lock. Each unit has a deadbolt. There is an outside front door at the street level that locks automatically that our guests have to get through before accessing their apartment, so we feel that a deadbolt on each apartment door is sufficient.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Big awful stairway to lug your luggage....Purple door and red polka dot comforter on broken down bed....Ugly "view" of crap outside window....broken beds, cushions, cars.....just pure ick!!! Grungy futon for so called Double sofa bed....Not even close to "bed". Do yourself a favor and rule this one out from the get go!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank jackiedee453
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Location was decent with eating places right below. Apartment was dated, small. Blinds could not keep the long day lights out in the night. Outside view was neighbor's roof with some chairs! Water was not hot enough for shower. I had to text the staff and was told to wait 10-15 minutes and then try. Fan/light would not turn off light so we had to keep fan off in the night. It was too warm in the night so we did not get good night of sleep. However, Bed and Futons were comfortable. Kitchen was small but functional.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family