“Stop here for knowledgable information on knife making!”
Review of Irbi Knives

Irbi Knives
Ranked #1 of 5 Shopping in Seward
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The owner Virgil was exceptionally kind and gave my son a lot of information and tips on blade making. He was kind enough to show us around his shop and was willing to share lots of tips! He is a true EDUCATOR and an enthusiastic craftsman. His knives are mostly custom made to order so don't expect to see a lot on the shelves for sale. But if you are interested in knife making and appreciate a good talk story with a warm hearted guy, be sure to stop by IRBI knives!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"alaska"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 11 September 2015

We stopped by the shop in Moose Pass, mostly for my husband's benefit. He has worked with metal all his life and made some knives. I enjoyed the stop every bit as much as he did. Virgil gave us a tour and was very interesting. I was amazed at all the material he had for handles. He showed us his process for making Damascus blades. WOW! We are looking at having a custom knife made by him. Thanks Virgil!

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Planned to buy 4 knives (husband and three sons) and drove over to the shop on a Thursday afternoon. We arrived at 3:30 and the shop was closed. There was a number posted on the door but we had no cell signal. Not sure if it would've made a difference anyway. We were very disappointed to say the least. Sorry for the poor rating, but I want people to be aware of the need to call first and make sure they will be there.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

We received a complete tour of the store when we stopped by. The owner showed us the full process for making a custom knife. One customer brought a piece of his grandfather's barn to use as a handle. One person melted an old broken family firearm into his custom blade. They have a selection of antlers, walrus tusks, fossils, and other items to choose from for your custom knife.

1  Thank Sheldon K
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 November 2014

I visited I.R.B.I in March of 2014 while in Alaska for the Iditarod. We stopped by and talked to Virgil, and he gave us a tour of the shop. I ordered a knife with the Mammoth bone handle. I received it today and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!. it is truly AWESOME!!!!!!. Thank You Virgil and Dawn both, for a beautiful knife and sheath. It will be a treasured memento from my trip to Alaska

Bill