See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2016

The location is perfect with walking distance to town, and the apartment has everything you could wish for. It was clean and quiet and we appreciated the stocked fridge and fruit. Lots of pretty flowers!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2015

This B& B is located almost at the heart of the tourist/commercial. But it is not on a busy road where there is privacy and peaceful environment. Although it is called a B&B, there is no host every morning. What is needed for continental style breakfast is provided. The guests are expected to prepare breakfast themselves. There is a very well equipped kitchenette where you can prepare all your food as you need.
The B& B is completely separate part of a two storey house with a separate entrance. There are two bedrooms at the ground floor. The one in front is almost the entrance of the B& B with one single bed. The one behind this has a queen size bed and has ample cupboard space. However the bath room/Toilets are on the next floor above. This is bit inconvenient particularly in the nights.
The kitchenette, the bath room and small lounge area are at the second floor. This also has a little balcony. There is a very magnificent view of the bay from the lounge and the balcony. There is absolutely good privacy even on the balcony area. This is a perfect place for a relaxing holiday. This place has Wi-Fi

Maureen, the host keeps you alone, so that you can have absolute privacy. She gives lot of details about the area as you get there. I would have appreciated one or two telephone calls from her to find out how we were going during our stay there particularly about breakfast. Yet, I have to say that she is a very kind, helpful and a pleasing person with a bit of reservedness.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

Easily located one street from the main drag. Also a few blocks from downtown Seward and about a 1 mile from the main tour boats piers. The B&B is separate from the main owners living area (shared wall). The bedrooms (2) are downstairs and living area, kitchen, bathroom upstairs. Paved parking in front, very small incline up to the front door. There is a full balcony on second floor with a wonderful view of the mountains across Resurrection Bay. You can see some of the bay through other structures and from afar. There is mountain view directly behind. The owner provided wonderful homemade beer bread, cookies, fruit, yogurt, pastries, bangels, ceral, coffee. Tolietries. There was TV, stereo although we didn't use them. There was WiFi and it sufficed, it wasn't blazing speed - a seemingly common problem in Alaska. The beds were confortable. The windows provided cool air. The upstairs roof is at a low slant. Although I am 6' 2" tall, it wasn't bothersome - just had to remember to cock my head! There were chairs and table on the balcony to enjoy the view and a drink. The owners were very nice. I highly recommend this place.

Pro's: Very convenient location. Clean. Quiet. Nice.
Con's: Slanted roof upstairs. One bathroom was upstairs from the bedrooms.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reddog4613
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

The Brass Lantern B&B was a wonderful place to stay while visiting Seward. It was clean, comfortable, cozy, and homey. Everything you need is provided for you. There are many choices for breakfast included in the kitchen and fridge. The first level has two twin beds and a separate room with a queen bed. The upper level has a bathroom, a cozy seating area, and the kitchen. On clear days you have a beautiful view of Mt. Alice from the window and balcony. Very pleasant stay. I would stay there again if I visited Seward again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2015

This place was the kind of place where you walk in and your first thought is, “I wish I was staying here for a week instead of only one night.” It was an absolutely wonderful place, and clearly the owners have put great thought and effort into every detail. The furnishings and décor were lovely and cozy, and everything was in perfect condition. It seemed the owners had thought of everything, with pleasant and subtle notes taped or in frames in exactly the right places to be noticed when they would be pertinent. The food provided for breakfast was abundant. There were homemade cookies when we arrived, and a whole basket full of breakfast pastries. In the fridge were four Chobani Greek yogurts as well as a huge bowl of grapes; there was also milk, bread, oatmeal packets, and probably more that I'm forgetting. By the time my husband asked if there was any cream cheese for the bagels, I replied, “I'm sure there is. They've thought of everything else.” And sure enough, in the fridge were little packets of cream cheese and individually wrapped butter pats.

Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the view from the deck. I wasn't expecting much; the home is several streets back from the waterfront and on a residential street. So I was absolutely shocked when I realized that out on the deck, you could see over the houses down to the water, and that you could also look down the street right into Resurrection Bay. The pictures on TripAdvisor give some idea of what you can see, but it's actually even better in person. Not exactly waterfront, but way more than I was expecting.

The configuration is a little abnormal; the front door enters into the room with two twins, and in the back, through a door, is the room with the queen. The stairs to the upper level start in the front room (with the twins) and lead up to a living area, kitchen and bathroom. The upstairs ceiling is sloped down to four feet or so at the one wall, and the slope is especially noticeable when you try to work in the kitchen; my husband and I each smacked our heads on the sloping ceiling several times. But the place is so well done that the strange configuration hardly matters at all.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and I wish we had had more time to enjoy it.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family