Bears Den B&B and Lodging
USD 280
Nauti Otter(Seward)(Great Value!)
USD 141
USD 109
Alaska Creekside Cabins(Seward)(Great Value!)
USD 237
  • Free Internet
USD 728
Orbitz.com
Orbitz.com
All reviewshomemade cookiesyogurtcontinental breakfast itemskitchen tablethe main highwaya great staystay there againtrain stationfishing tripvisit sewardkenai fjordsbed and breakfastsafewaysharihostsaccommodationsrecliner
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We have traveled quite a bit, and stayed in B&Bs across the globe. I do not exaggerate when I say that this was the best B&B we ever stayed in anywhere....by a wide margin.

Its location was top-notch; a short walk from the Seward small boat harbor, and just off the main street. So it was quiet and peaceful, and had very good views. We stayed in Den # 1, which is on the upper floor, and it was an awesome place. Could not believe the size of the suite...it was huge and luxurious. Two large queen beds, huge sofas in a giant living area, big sized TV, very comfortable kitchenette and a large bathroom. The breakfast supplies provided were excellent...there were bakery items, bread, fruits, cereals, juices, yogurt etc. Ample parking space downstairs.

What really surprised us was the tasteful decor in every nook and corner of the suite. Felt like an excellent decorator had spent a lot of time and emotion in doing up the place. Felt very warm and cozy as a result. And there were such thoughtful things placed everywhere...like a box of ziplock bags to pack away picnic stuff, a pair of binoculars to borrow, large selection of indoor games, and I could go on for ever. Wow ! The place took our breath away, and we could not stop appreciating it.

The hosts were friendly and unobstrusive. They came the first day and explained everything, and told us to leave the place unlocked when we left at the end of our stay. We were here for 2 nights, and wished we had stayed longer. I would almost challenge you to find a better B&B anywhere. You have to be crazy to stay anywhere else in Seward !

Room Tip: If Den # 1 is available, grab it. It is excellent. Very spacious with great views.
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I would highly recommend this B&B. The upstairs room we stayed is very spacious and spotlessly clean. It's in the walking distance to the Seward harbor. The breakfast is good too, we got fresh bakery, fruits, juice, milk and yogurt. I'll definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Our son lives in Seward so we have visited him a few times. We have stayed in various places and Bears den B&B is by far our favorite. We stayed in den#1. It was clean,comfortable, and stocked with plenty of breakfast goodies. The home made cookies Richard brought up to us were great. It is close to everything even if you don't have a car. Have already recommended it to friends. This is where I will stay every time I visit my son in Seward if its available!

Loved it!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I was so impressed with this B&B! I've stayed at a few and it was top notch! I loved the space it provided for me and my family. Having a kitchen was so handy so we could prepare some of our own meals too. The patio out front was on a quiet street and was quite relaxing. Thank you Bears Den for making our visit to Alaska our home away from home!

Room Tip: For family trips the three bedroom with the kitchen is wonderful! Ps, there is no pool, but I didnt know how to delete that rating.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We find it hard to come up with a criticism - by nitpicking we would say we would have liked a better view (we were in Den 2, bottom floor, and saw little of the mtns across the bay), and the floor above did squeak a bit. But it is rare to stay in a place so spotlessly clean, well maintained, and with almost any amenity we wanted (but no phone), incl microwave, frig, coffee maker, tv, and all the breakfast items we could have wanted, in addition to the warm cookies on arrival. We didn't need the second bedroom with it's queen bed, but it would be handy for a family. Location a plus for us, 1/2 mile walk from harbor tours and good eats.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family