All reviews nice hotel pool area hotel bar onward journey free trip breakfast selection shower cubicle hotel facilities standard room rooms are spacious free water taxi hired a car breakfast was amazing overlooking the harbour half board five star hotel out of season
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Exceptional customer service from the restoran personnel. Nice, clean and welcoming place with relaxing places around town.
Thanks to reservation Team Crue and other people involved in our stay.
Beautiful island of Korcula.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlemail1
DavidSurjan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Korkyra, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear guest,

We greatly appreciate your review and are extremely happy that you were satisfied with the both hotel and out town.

Guest relations is something we take very seriously and are glad you were able to experience that.

Thank you again and we can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We had six lovely days in Vella Luka and the islands surrounding Korcula. We enjoyed or stay in Hotel Korkyra a lot, we had a bit of a hick-up @the begin of our stay. The booked room category was not available, but the tall gentleman with glasses @the counter was able 2 sort that out and we finally got our Comfort Family room with a great view on the Habour. I’m not sure i would book half board again. Service is great, professional and very friendly, breakfast is ok and plentiful, but misses variety, dinner was not what we expect, we unfortunately had 2 skip every 2nd main course in the eve.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Helmuth,

We are more than pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our front desk was efficient in resolving the check in issue.

We are sorry to hear that you had slight issues with dinner but would have preferred to know what exactly was the problem.

Anyways thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We were very happy with our stay in Vela Luka. The hotel is in a great position for town and views of the port (admittedly there is a petrol station in between)

We had a very efficient check in with David who was pleasant and included food recommendations.

The rooms are clean, a little small but comfortable. You can have rooms with pool or sea view. I think I would have preferred sea view.

Breakfast was a little disappointing, there's lots of it but its not great, The orange juice is diluted so much. This is the only hotel I have ever stayed at without a toaster. Breakfast staff were all very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front with a view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, we are glad you check in went smooth and that you enjoyed the hospitality of restaurant staff as we take a lot of pride in our guest relations.

We are sorry to hear you didn't like the quality of our breakfast, unfortunately toaster is not available but ordering food from the breakfast menu is available AND included in the price.

Thank you for your review and we really hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Modern hotel located in the heart of the town. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Pool was excellent. Breakfast and service was fantastic. Staff was really friendly. Will recommend to everyone. Had a really nice holidays

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
DavidSurjan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Korkyra, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review, it was a pleasure having you in our hotel and we hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Vela Luka is a cute port/ fishing village. A great place to get the boat to Proizd Island from which I'd highly recommend. Bring your own picnic though. One or two nights in Vela Luka is more than enough though. Go to korčula town from here for another night.

In Vela Luka We stayed in the Korkyra Hotel.
So when I say this place has notions about itself it is NOT 4 star!!! The service is beyond Poor. Went to the bar & waited 20 minutes for our 'welcome drink'. The hotel owns a pizzeria in the 'town' & it took
Over an hour & a half to deliver 2 pizzas from a 3 minute walk to here! No apologies or anything from 'Da Vincis' . They were tasty but it seems the hotel owners have cashed in on things without looking at the big picture. Their pool is basic- They have plants by the pool that attract Mosquitos - obviously no thought put into that either. They have the most pathetic looking gym I have ever seen. It doesn't even have space for a running machine or a yoga mat! A few weights does not constitute a gym! Then to top it off they have a terrace bar upstairs but wait for it .... Your not allowed to eat or drink up there!

I asked for another key to our room as we were only given one & was told if I loose any key it's 100Kn. I mean seriously- a plastic card! The girls excuse was it has to be programmed!!!! Like every hotel in the world has these keys!!!
The pillows are terrible so no chance of getting a good sleep with these either. The location is handy, 3-5 min walk from the ferry but that's the only positive. It's expensive hotel for nothing. Whoever their photographer is should be given special pay as s/he did an amazing job for their brochure. I'm 5"5 tall & my feet reach the end of the bed!!! The TV is almost n the bed with us! The kids bed is right under the AC unit so if we close the sliding door between the 2 rooms we don't get any AC. Honestly, I wouldn't waste my money, time, energy here on this hotel! They have Hvar prices but nothing at all to show for it apart from attitude. Take a look at these vile quilts hanging off the ceiling in the restaurant as cloud decorations I can only presume. Imagine the dirt they must be retaining. The food here is awful. While breakfast was included it was so poor I went to the local coffee shop to get mine. Imagine not getting good coffee in Croatia- I mean everywhere you look there are coffee hubs. I have honestly been turned off eggs for life & the flies on the fruit!!!

If u need a bed for one night then its location is great but don't do what we did & prepay & book a number of nights as there isn't a hope of getting your money back or swapping it for someone else to take it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Lotsajourneys

Dear guest,

seeing your review it can only makes us think you slept at another location.

1.You waited 20 minutes because you orderered cocktails which take a bit longer to prepare then just pour it into a glass.
2.The time you waited for the pizza was 45 minutes not 1 h 45 min, I would know considering I was the one ordering them.
3.The gym actually HAS a running machine AND a yoga mat.
4.We do not understand where did you get the idea it was a bar when it's only a terrace
5.We are sorry but you seem to be 1 in 250 people that have a problem with our pillows.
6.The kids bed is NOT under the AC.
7.The cloud decorations do not retain dirt as they are cleaned regularly.
8.We do not consider coffee to be breakfast. Plus the coffee you drank is direcetly from a machine and it's normal the quallity cannot be measured with the one you are most welcome to order from the bar.

Aldo your review is miles away from the truth we are still thankful you were our guest.