1. Don't believe the photos on their website, they have a great photographer but the place isn't special.
2. Strange (not in a nice way) innkeepers.
3. Great view but not worth the price.
4. NO bathtubs!
5. Dirty shower. Bedroom smelled like mold.
Do you like getting a talking to with your breakfast? Are you really into coffee but don't much care about how comfortable or pleasant your room is? If so, this is the place for you!
As for the innkeepers, I do feel bad for Marsha. It seems Hans likes to rule with an iron fist... or just a loud voice. I hope she's ok.
When first I called mango sunset I wasn't sure everything was ok with Marsha. She sounded hesitant but eventually offered me a room for that night. This was the only B&B we could find at the last minute and without a three night minimum. My sweetheart and I decided to take the room.
Upon arriving Marsha greeted us and made us aware of amenities like the washing machine we could use, but not right now because it was loud(a few moments later a farmhand was using it). She took my credit card and said several times, "I'll be back with this." I began to doubt...
She did come back and we specified we didn't need anything special for breakfast -just a little fresh fruit because we were both eating raw food at the time. Marsha asked several times about what we ate and I kept trying to assure her she didn't need to go to any lengths. She kept at it and I said that if she felt uncomfortable with fruit, she could bring us nothing and if she felt uncomfortable with that she could give us a discount. She seemed a little defensive about this but she did say breakfast was served an the lanai at 7am.
We were weary so I wasn't so glad to have to clean someone else's hair out of the shower before using it. It was that kind of short curly hair no one wants to clean up. marsha had said she was waiving the "cleaning fee". Glorious. The bed wasn't comfortable either, I couldn't get to sleep easily.
"Coffee is made, breakfast is served!" woke us from the hallway. Breakfast included awesome exotic fruits and Hans loudly telling his life's story ~ for about 45 minutes. There was another couple there nodding along but my sweetheart was not into it. He asked for a little quiet and Hans became angry. He told us we could "meditate" anywhere on the property. He came over and stood over our table and began telling us all about how guests at a B&B are supposed to behave and saying that everyone else wanted to talk. (the other couple managed to politely decline further conversation). He also pointed out that fresh fruit wasn't easy to provide. He said he had woken early to prepare it for us. I wanted to give Hans the benefit of the doubt and I pointed out to my sweetie that we were in their special place and that B&B hosts can be weird. But you know, my baby was totally right. $140 does suggest we receive some kind service and their website does promise "pampering".
Hans, maybe meditating is a good idea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family -style BnB, located in 2111' above the ocean on our gold-medal-winning Organic Kona Coffee Estate. Hot breakfasts and parking included; free WiFi, plus our Organic Kona Coffee, fruit, juice included. Quiet and secluded, cozy,private driveway. Breathtaking ocean views across our Kona Coffee Farm from the West Lanai and the Gazebo, where serve our breakfast to all of our guests. Minutes from Kona town, beaches and airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Priceline, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mango Sunset BnB at Lyman Farms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Sunset Bnb At Lyman Farms Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Mango Sunset BnB At Lyman Farms Hawaii/Kailua-Kona