“Breakfast by the Ocean”

Price range: USD 9 - USD 36
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Daylight Mind is a Restaurant, Coffee House, Bakery, Roaster and Coffee School located in the heart of Kona. Visit this premier oceanside location to be served locally sourced, fresh food, and to experience extraordinary coffees roasted in our shop! If you are looking for an amazing meal or to discover the world of coffee, we invite you to our beautiful, two-story loft to learn, explore, relax and enjoy!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ate breakfast on the outside deck next to the ocean. What a great way to start the day! I thought the menu selections were a bit unusual, but they did have a "traditional" breakfast of eggs, potatoes and toast that was great. I asked for rye bread, but they only had sourdough, which I don't like, so they offered to substitute a muffin for the toast, which was delicious. Service was friendly and efficient. A little more expensive than a typical breakfast restaurant.

1  Thank cmbrown88

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

The staff aren’t friendly and the drinks aren’t good - but, I came back here twice for the large amount of covered open air seating. They allowed us to spread out and paint and take over their board room that overlooked the ocean for hours. Granted, no one helped us and were annoyed when we spoke to them - but, we got a heavy dose of motivation thanks to the views and fresh air.

1  Thank jennifer j
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We went here for dinner on the recommendation of our host, and returned for another dinner because we loved it so much! You can sit right on their covered veranda by the shore and watch the sunset on the water, framed by palm trees. Wait staff is friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed. Our favourite dish was their cioppino, which was the best I've ever had. Drinks are good, and portions are generous ... but go here because you like good food and leave the tourist traps behind. Enjoy!

1  Thank canadianSCUBAdiver
Reviewed 21 March 2018

My friends and I ate lunch, had cocktails and just chilled out here. Great place! Friendly staff, wonderful view and tasty food! You can sit down below under the roof or up top under the beautiful sky. Will definitely return here on my next trip over to the Big Island!

1  Thank Becky C
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are at this restaurant three times during our 5 days in Kona. Breakfast was very good. I particularly enjoyed the Puna Kine Eggs Benedict, served on homemade bread with spinach. Their side orders of fruits change daily depending on availability, but is always super fresh. The atmosphere is nice, with lots of tables on a porch, right on the water. Would highly recommend!

1  Thank MShappell