“From a Seasoned Traveler: One of the Top Three...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
King bed with comfy pillow-top mattress
Entrance to kitchen
Kitchen-fully equipped with appliances
Kitchen - Tropical fruit provided for breakfast
Seating area opens to lanai via 2 sliding glass doors
Sliding glass doors open to lanai from dining area
Dine al fresco at glass top table among the palms
Large bathroom includes slate shower and closet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Patricia...
Flagey-Echezeaux, France
“From a Seasoned Traveler: One of the Top Three Hosts on the Big Island!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

I stayed with Caryl for almost a month, originally I had plans to split my vacation by staying in two different ohanas in different parts of Kona, but I found that I really liked the calming interior of the suite at Caryl's so I ended up staying with her for the majority of my time here in Kona. The location was superb: It is only one block away from Kona airport, I don't have to drive far after getting off an airplane to get to Caryl's place. It is also close to downtown Kona, I can have my "city convenience" from gas, groceries, restaurants, bakery for breakfasts, ATM machines, post office, pedicure salon, same-day massage service, the Apple store all within ten minutes of driving. I like having the convenience near by and still have a tranquil space to drive back to at the end of the day. Caryl's Ohana offers both convenience and relaxation and it works very well for a city person who has city needs but also wants a bit of an escape from the city life. Caryl is one of the best hosts I have met on the Big Island, I have lived in Hilo (the other side of the Big Island) and I've met enough hosts on both side of the Island to know that she is definitely one of the top three hosts to stay with: she is detail-oriented and that for me gives me peace of mind as a seasoned traveler.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
David E
Richmond, California
“Lovely stay on the Big Island at Caryl's Ohana”
Reviewed 23 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

We loved our stay at Caryl's Ohana in the hills above Kailua-Kona. Great location just 10 minutes from the airport (no airplane noise at all), and close to town, shopping, etc. Also close to the charming village of Holualoa. Caryl was very friendly, provided delicious fresh local fruit, and provided lots of helpful information. We had a wonderful hike into the Pololu Valley and visit to Hawi because of her suggestion. Caryl's Ohana is a great value for what you get, including fully furnished kitchen with fridge, nice modern bathroom, and access to washer and dryer. We loved our one-week stay and Caryl helped us see and do everything we wanted to on the Big Island. Highly recommended.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CA
Reviewed 12 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing