“Perfect cottage for a perfect honeymoon!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Private House/share nothing, 1/4acre big ocean view, 10 mins to town
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
kcammarat...
Lancaster, Ohio
“Perfect cottage for a perfect honeymoon!”
Reviewed 26 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Mango Cottage for 2 weeks to enjoy our honeymoon. Perfect location just up the mountain a ways, yet close to the city, beaches, and attractions. Christine had our cottage stocked and ready for a day at the beach....so welcoming and helpful even during our trip. We cannot wait for our next visit to Mango Cottage :)

27 Jan 2017
What a lovely couple...best ever! I hope to see you again! I highly recommend having them for guests, happy wedding bliss❤️
Ann M
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful Views”
Reviewed 18 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Mango cottage was very well stocked, had tremendous views of the sunset over Kona, and was located close to stores. The only issue was the very narrow road leading up to the cottage; but if you drive slowly, it's no problem.

19 Dec 2016
Thank you for visiting Mango Cottage, it was great to have your family!
Kohanaiki road is a historical road, as it use to be the only way to get to Koloko Fish Ponds. The canopy country road is maintained by the owners who live here. Yes you are correct, dring slower is good.
You are welcome anytime and have a very happy Christmas! Aloha
Moonbaby7...
Vacaville
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 2 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

We could not have hoped for a better place to stay. The house is in an ideal location with a wonderful ocean view. Lots of pride in ownership, manicured lawn with relaxing hot tub. Kitchen and bathroom was well stocked and owners thoughtfully left us some fresh fruit as well. We will definately try to stay here again when we revisit the island. Very friendly homeowners and easy to book. A true gem of a home.

3 Dec 2016
Thankyou so much for your lovely review! We are happy your stay was a good one, you are welcome anytime. Great guest and highly recommend. ps installed new dishwasher
Dale M
“A great place to relax”
Reviewed 25 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

My wife and I spent a week at this wonderful little cottage tucked away on the side of the hill above Kona. Although only a few miles from the beach and all the amenities of Kona the well manicured grounds provided peace and seclusion. There are papaya and avocado trees as well as a multitude of tropical plants and flowers. Besides a fountain there is a BBQ and hot tub - both in excellent condition. The water in the hot tub is changed with every new guest. The cottage faces west and we enjoyed watching the sunsets over the water in the evening. In the mornings we enjoyed a variety of tropical birds on the property and the occasional mongoose.

The cottage itself is well maintained , immaculate, and well stocked with toiletries and supplies. We found it to be super clean and we were surprised at the lack of insects inside the house. (We lived in the tropics for three years and always seemed to battle the bugs). Christine, the owner, is a gracious hostess with an incredible eye for detail. We arrived at the cottage to soft music playing on a radio, a bottle of wine, fresh flowers from her garden and a nice welcome note with her number if we needed anything or had a question. Both bath and beach towels are provided in adequate numbers and there are even beach toys if you didn’t bring your own.

The cottage is secluded yet very conveniently located. It takes about 10 minutes to drive to the stores including a great Costco. A couple of miles further and you can enjoy the beaches, nightlife, and restaurants of Kona. It's roughly the same to get to hwy 190 to go north and west or hwys 19 11 if you're taking a southern route.

The owner was very responsive and it was evident that her first priority was that we enjoyed our stay on the big island. She lives nearby and is available if needed but respects your privacy. We will definitely go back to Mango Cottage when in Hawaii.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
27 Sep 2016
You both were a joy to have, I hope to see you again, I am sure the Lilikoi did it....thankyou
Neraj K
“WARNING: Biting Ants in Kitchen/Bed, expect no refund if any issues with 'cleanliness' in line with TripAdvisor policy.”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

My Wife and I booked this property for 2 nights during our Honeymoon.

We found the property full of Ants, in the Kitchen and around the Bedroom. We tried to make the best of a bad situation by cleaning up all dishes before we used them and thought we'd be fine if we kept ourselves covered by the duvet.

Unfortunately the next day my Wife and I were covered in bites Head to Feet, these flared up and I had to visit a local Pharmacy to get Antibiotics. We couldn't stay another night here...so unfortunately had to book stay at the Royal Kona Resort, at additional expense and inconvenience.

Out of courtesy, my Wife and I cleaned the property and hesitantly left a nice message in the Guestbook. We were willing give this place a 2nd chance and pay a visit again some day. We regret this, as this same courtesy was not shown to us!

Christine the owner was absent at the time, but her Husband Bob was around. I showed him the Ants in the property and the bedroom, at the time he was very shocked apologetic and said he'd look into getting us a refund and would speak to his Wife, we should expect a call/email the next day. In addition, I recall Bob also said 'Nobody should have to stay in such conditions' and said he'd get exterminators around AGAIN! (so a repetitive problem it seems).

We received no communication, only after chasing after 2.5 weeks later did we receive feedback. Christine did not offer a refund, instead insisting the Ants do not bite...and said we can have 2 nights free the next time we stay.

Would you sleep in an bed with Ants? Even IF they did not bite?!?!

This is a lousy excuse and offer as I live more than 7,000 miles away and do not expect this to be honoured at all when I next return. I wanted my money back atleast for the 1 night we did not stay. My calls were not returned. I did catch Bob on the phone once and he shamefully fobbed me off and said 'speak to my Wife'.

To sum it up, Christine wrote in an email 'The cancellation policy with tripadvisor is what I follow', meaning she takes no responsibility for cleanliness of Mango Cottage.

DO NOT stay here, Onion house is down the road and is much nicer.

We are just Tourists they'll never see again, they'll take your money and run.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked least: Ants all over the property, inside the bed that bit me and my Wife all over. No refund given, the owner does not take responsibility for 'cleanliness' in line with TripAdvisor policy.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Sep 2016
Dear Neraj,
To quote your departing written review of mango cottage,
"Mango Cottage is beautiful and we enjoyed our stay".
To quote your email 12/2015,
"I have enjoyed reading the positive reviews and would like book for 2 nights".
You spoke of wanting to revisit and bring your father,
I offered you 2 free nights at Mango Cottage.
You left nice feedback and thanked me the the bottle of wine and that you enjoyed your stay at beautiful Mango Cottage.
I have no idea why you wrote this? There are 27 reviews along with yours...Not one is anything close to your's. I take great pride is giving my guests a beautiful space with fragrant flowers and peaceful gardens.
Mango Cottage reviews talk about the Cleanliness and comfort.

I cannot control responses as yours Neraj, Iknow I have never had ants as you speak of nor ants bites covering your body....Are you sure you did not have "Hives".
Thankyou for staying at mango cottage, your 2 free days are on file.

Aloha,
Christine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing