Review Highlights
Ocean is so clean and warm, beach is a hit and miss especially in the fall when there are no south swells

I do travel often to Kailua Kona and usually try to swim at Magic Sands, the ocean here is great... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018
ck0421
Maui, Hawaii
watch out for the waves

Depending on the tide you have an excellent place for boogie boarding or getting smashed against... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
GueBi
Vienna, Austria

Recommended experiences in and around Kailua-Kona
from USD 127.52
from USD 64.30
from USD 187.50
from USD 122.95
More Info
All reviews great beach body surfing boogie boarding lifeguard on duty white sand disappearing sands big waves close to town playing in the waves tiny beach volleyball court volleyball net shore break popular beach wave action nice sand alii drive
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Not a lot of parking and very crowded on sand and water. Not a lot to say about this besides very small ..

1  Thank PetsRFamily2
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I gave a review for White Sands, believing White Sands and Magic Sands are the same beach! Clear water is great for snorkeling, and waves are great for body surfing or for boogey boarding. Limited parking other than on the street, but new parking lot is going in across the street which should help

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We've been to this beach in prior years. This year it was so crowded, it was uncomfortable. We learned that the week before we were there, someone drowned. While we were there, lifeguards had to pull out another swimmer, and he was taken away in an ambulance. If you go to this beach, be careful!!!

4  Thank Lepha
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The beach was OK but I didn't like all the rocks in the sea which in my opinion were dangerous when trying to swim. I am tall and weigh 225 pounds but the waves were strong enough to cause me to lose my balance and hit my foot on a rock. It could just have easily been my head or back.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were here recently (June 17, I think it was), and had a different experience from past visits. My 9 year-old bumped heads with another swimmer within 5 minutes (SO crowded) and refused to go back in. There were young adult men riding skim boards right on the beach that nearly collided with the children playing closer to shore one multiple occasions, and later on a woman was pulled from the water and administered CPR. Not sure what happened, but it was rock and/or water-related, and horrifying to watch. She was taken away in an ambulance and hopefully has recovered. The waves can be really fun, but understand what you are getting yourself into.