“Night Manta dive”

Kona Diving Company
Ranked #6 of 199 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014, Kona Diving Company offers SCUBA diving adventures off of their custom dive boat on the Kona coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Contact us for certification of all levels, introductory dives & night dives/manta ray dives. Multi-day dive packages available. A wonderful shop and friendly staff will welcome you!
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The Dive and Snorkle was great, impossible to say anything negative about this operation. These people are it. They knew everyones names, all your equipment was labeled with your name very organized with a clean well equipped boat. Like to killed myself on the brownies and the roast beef and turkey wraps. Just a perfect experience! I would say that if you do the Manta trip make sure you bring warm dry clothes, they tell you to but nobody takes it serious until your out there night air is a little brisk and by then its too late, personally I was fine but others teeth were chattering. The whole Manta experience is just crazy beyond imagination. There is a lady who takes underwater video not a gimmick or pushy by the time you get back she has her little rig setup in the parking lot to view your video, its pretty darn cool. So when you get back to Toledo you can show Uncle Stan and Aunt Marge what you did, nice stuff nice lady working hard. Cool cool experience nice people humpin to make sure you have a good time. Thanks guys

There are newer reviews for Kona Diving Company

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Based on earlier reviews and reccomendations from others, I chose Kona Diving Company for my open water dives to finish my PADI open water diver certification. I was paired up with Paul as my instructor and was extremely happy with his easy going manor and his encouraging style of instruction. His excellent treatment was mirrored by the rest of the crew on the boat those two days. Great experience and will deffinitly look to book with them again if I should return to the Big Island.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I made ther my Open Water certification and I was very nice... I enjoyed a lot the atmosphere and the people...

Thank you for the greate time...

1  Thank paquitomo
Reviewed 10 March 2012

When I told my son i was going to Hawaii, he told me I had to go scuba diving. I am almost 75, in great health, but hate going to the bottom of the pool as my ears scream with pain. To humor my son I called a couple of dive shops for an intro dive. I was told they would start me off in a swimming pool with the basics and then I would walk into the ocean for my intro dive. Fortunately I have a very good friend on the Big Island and he took me the Kona Diving Company. I filled out all the papers and answered all the questions about health. The next day I met them at the boat. We set out to sea and I was given instructions on the back deck and quizzed to see if I knew it. When we reached our destination, a rope was lowered. First I had to jump in the water with all my gear--That almost ended it right there, but I got the courage and jumped and survived. I had to show my instructor who stayed with me I could actually do what she had taught on the way down the rope. Yes, my ears did hurt, but they cleared. When we got to the bottom, I saw whole new world.. fish of all colors, eels, turtles, coral feeding, squid..all amazing. Thirty minutes later we came up to snack and rehydrate and then went back down for 45 minutes. I felt like Nemo. The dive instructors were professional and absolutely wonderful. I agee with my son. You need to do this and these are the people to do it with.

1  Thank beartrac
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We did the manta dive and a two-tank boat dive with Kona Diving. The VERY BEST dive shop my husband and I have ever encountered. They were amazing all the way around. Great staff, took great care of everyone, even had a hot shower on board. Very friendly and courteous staff. You felt like family. They want you to be comfortable, safe, and have a lot of fun. We dove on two other islands while in Hawaii and they could not even compare with Kona Diving. Carrie and the staff are terrific!!!