We really enjoyed our stay here. We stay in a similar type condo in Maui, so we felt at home. The condo was well equipped with most necessities (some ziploc bags or plastic portable containers would have been helpful.)
Best of all air conditioning. Yes the units are air conditioned which helps one sleep at night. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the whole unit very spacious. We spent a good amount of time out on the lanai as I we just could't get enough of the surf - which changes every day.
They do have underground parking - maybe a dozen spaces - and if you come in at a reasonable hour, you should have no problem finding a spot. There is plenty of above ground parking as well.
There is a liquor and deli store within walking distance and a market place just across the street. You could potentially walk to downtown Kona, but it would be quite a walk, in the heat, on the side of a very heavily traveled road. I would recommend driving and parking outside of town a bit, and then walk in. And this is coming from an avid hiker/walker.
This condo is in a great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool, hot tub, or BBQs, but we saw many people utilizing the facilities. In addition, this is a great place to watch the sunset.
We were completely satisfied with our stay and would not hesitate to book this property again. The wi-fi was good and strong and they have a DVD rental (like Redbox) on site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Aqua-Aston Hospitality, LLC, Wotif.com, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona