Open today: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Captain Zodiac Raft Expeditions tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Captain Zodiac Raft Expeditions
from USD 99.00
More Info
from USD 115.00
More Info
All reviews spinner dolphins fish kealakekua bay wild ride cruise ship snorkeling site lava formations whale watching great excursion the big island cookies a lot of fun sea life pineapple an adventure clear water see whales
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I don't know if it's normal, but our party of 5 had the whole zodiac boat to ourselves which was awesome. The dolphins were right outside the harbor so less than 20 mins after leaving the dock we were in the water with dolphins!

The captain knew how to predict the movement of the pod and just told us to not chase them and if they wanted to visit they would. He place us near their path and they came VERY close. One circled me and looked at me. I could hear them before I saw them. We just stayed still and they would pass by on all sides.

Since we were a small group it was much better view. A little later larger groups came nearby and it was much more hectic. We had had about 3 snorkels with the dolphins so we decided that we should give them a break. The captain had some soda and drinks on board for us. We snorkeled a little over the reef before heading back in.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I didn't do snorkeling for a long time. After this, I started doing it everywhere i go! It was that amazing. The water was so beautiful, light navy blue, i didn't expect that many fish, it's not like Caribbean. Fish is bright and numerous species! The captain and life guard made it so much fun with their personal stories. I don't remember their names, but life guard was originally from New York, with many improvisational jokes! And it just went beautifully, not just more than expected, but better than it ever can be! Early morning pick up at Kailua-Kona Pier, dolphins right away sailing with us. then we speed up and go to a perfect location near the Cook monument, Kealakekua bay, sea caves, lava tubes. Most fun snorkeling experience i had! Don't forget the sun screen!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Definitely book a tour with Captain Zodiak and request Captain Colin and first mate Katie. Out of all the tours and locals I’ve met in all my time on Hawaii (which is yearly), I have never come across anyone with as much aloha, knowledge, respect, and personable approach as this duo team. They truly treated us as Ohana from the very beginning. Not LIKE Ohana, AS Ohana. Many of these tours will do anything to exceed customer’s expectations just to get the tip money and reviews. While Captain Colin and first mate Katie’s ultimate goal was to make sure they gave us a good time, the island and animal’s safety, comfort, and respect were above all else. Captain Colin’s 15+ years doing tours was evident based on the knowledge of the areas we visited, and the overall islands in general. What tourists sometimes do not understand is that these islands are sacred and special. The locals here are protective of the land and sea, and for good reasons. The legends and stories are true, and the Hawaiian gods and goddesses are very much real. Captain Colin and first mate Katie’s passion was evident through their desire of wanting to protect and respect the land, animals, and local cultural. Impressive is not even a word that is worthy enough to describe how my husband I felt about these two individuals. We’d recommend Captain Zodiac over and over and over again. Not just because of all the beautiful natural and wildlife we encountered but because of Captain Colin and first mate Katie alone.

1  Thank Brit1106
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

With some whales, dolphins and turtles along the way. The snorkel destination is one of the best I've been to work tons of fish, turtles and even local reef sharks. Be sure to book the midday tour so that you miss much of the other boat tour traffic...with such great snorkeling this place gets busy.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Been in this adventure with captain zodiac was really awesome. It’s like a mix of knowledge and fun.
Captains know and love the sea, so it’s really beautiful to be there. You learn a lot.