1,364 results
All reviews basic hotel rooms are clean within walking distance small fridge front desk staff ceiling fan shops and restaurants stayed one night older hotel short stay per night air conditioner close to the airport convenient location alii drive the big island nice pool
Reviewed 14 January 2018

We stayed in this hotel for one night because we flew in late and needed a place to stay before taking off to Hilo the next day. We found it a little pricey for what we got. The staff was friendly and helpful. The decor is dated, but the room was clean. The air conditioner made quite a bit of noise, but it helped to block out the traffic noise. There was also a ceiling fan, so it cooled off nicely. There are not a lot of parking spaces if you arrive late, but there are spots on the street nearby. It is close to nearby restaurants and shops.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisel445
SeasideHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Kona Seaside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I stayed here during the Ironman championships and it was a perfect location to view the run portion of the race and throughout the week access the ocean, Umeke's poke and Kona Brew Co. The staff was friendly and accommodations were just what i needed.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SeasideHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Kona Seaside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

The hotel was in a great location, very close to the water, near very good restaurants, and within walking distance of Walmart and a strip mall. We booked 4 rooms and 2 overlooked the sea and the other 2, the pool.
All rooms were a good size, very comfortable beds, clean, and a good hot shower. It was lovely to sit on the balcony and watch the world go by. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We arrived early and our daughter wasn’t well and they gave us 1 room early so we could leave our luggage there and the daughter could sleep. Didn’t notice any outside noise overnight.
When I booked the rooms in April 2017, because we were spending Xmas in Kona, they gave me details of the restaurant next door (Splashers Bar & Grill) that would be providing a Xmas menu. I had that all booked well in advance.
Overall, a great stay, good value and a friendly establishment.

Room tip: Best views at the back of the hotel. All rooms were quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank RussCanberra

We appreciate your positive feedback! Mahalo!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Coming to a 4 star, you would expect to be able to relax. There's a pool pump that will ensure this doesn't happen. I had the printed copy of our booking but that still didn't stop the hotel from saying I had only one night.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We're sorry to hear that your recent was less than stellar. Please contact the property hotel General Manager if there is anything else we can address to improve on amenity and customer service. Mahalo.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

My mom and I visited here for a night and it was a perfect experience. We wanted something downtown Kona this hotel is literally within two minutes walking distance of the ocean and downtown shopping area. The service was excellent and the room was perfect. We wanted something that was affordable and clean and we were very happy. The front desk is so friendly and accommodating. On top of everything I ended up leaving my MacBook charger there which is about an $85 purchase. When I called from Washington where I am from being out only found it for me but willingly mailed to me :-) I would recommend this hotel to anybody and we will definitely be back! Patty was exceptionally helpful as well!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kat R

Mahalo for sharing your comments with us!