Kanaloa at Kona
USD 216
Big Island Retreat(Kailua-Kona)
USD 237
USD 240
Kona Seaside Hotel(Kailua-Kona)(Great Value!)
USD 170
USD 307
TripAdvisor
USD 1,428
USD 1,200
All reviewsaloha condosair conditioningocean poolgolf courseocean frontthe big islandtennis courtsthe security guardliving roomgrocery storesmall baygreat condocondo complexkeahou bayminute drivekeahou shopping centerwasher dryer
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in a privately owned condo (404). The condo was fantastic, very spacious and was our home away from home. It was very clean and the kitchen was very well equipped. Also there were a washer and a dryer available free of charge as well as WiFi.

The activities desk offered discounts for various tours on the island. We booked a helicopter fly with them.

Checkin is located at the nearby shopping mall and the staff there was very friendly.

The only downside is the 130$ cleaning fee, but we were aware of that from the start.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I was duped like Jesse S!! I booked through Expedia and did not see a cleaning fee. After I confirmed my reservation (which was non-refundable), there was fine print that there "may" be a cleaning fee. When we checked in, OMG, heck yeah there was a cleaning fee of $166!! And we were just staying 1 night!!! We stayed in room 803. It was ok, no a/c, 5 different types of flooring, average furnishings. We explored the island all day then late at night when we went to take a shower, we were horrified to find the bathtub so disgusting! We called the front desk and they said housekeeping was gone for the day and there was not another room for us to move to. We still had to take showers, so I made everyone wear their slippers. Total ring around the entire tub and the mat in there made me want to toss my cookies!! One other thing, when we went to use the safe, the key was missing. Front desk failed to give it to us, so we had to drive back and pick it up. Not too big of a deal, but after 6.5 hours of flying, we were tired! I really hope I get my housekeeping money refunded. This is absolutely unacceptable!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank BBDoll619
Stephen H, General Manager at Kanaloa at Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Aloha,

The cleaning fee you are referring was provide twice, it is displayed at the time of booking and is also included on your confirmation email. I reviewed the unit in questions and the attached tub mat has some fading, the tub however is clean. I am disappointed that your unit and my team did not meet your expectations..

Reviewed 11 May 2018

We had a great experience staying at Kanaloa at Kona. We booked a 2bed/2bath condo for 5 nights through Aloha Condos and stayed in unit #3601. The amenities at the complex were great, and it was super quiet (which was highly appreciated). The ocean pool had amazing views, and if we wanted a little more privacy there were two other pool options. We also loved the security of the complex with the gate key issued. Overall would stay at Kanaloa at Kona again, even if 3601 isn't available in the future! Great alternative to the resort/hotel scene, and provided the privacy and respite we were looking for.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I will be fair- the rooms are roomy and decent. Nice little kitchenette, and a lovely ocean view. That's about where the positives end.

We found two cockroaches within minutes of entering the room. I get that Hawaii is full of them, but for over $200 a night that's kind of unacceptable.

There's also no AC in the rooms. In hawaii, that isn't too terrible. Our weather is awesome. But we were doing a staycation from our normal Hawaii apartment without AC. We were kind of looking forward to it. Had I known they didn't have any, I would've chosen a different place.

The mattress was super springy, uncomfortably so. I know that sounds like a nitpick, but imagine sleeping on a park bench supported by a box spring. That's pretty close.

We couldn't find any outlets near the beds. So no charging your phone on the nightstand. We eventually found a miniature extension cord that we used. But again, in 2018 in a several hundred dollar hotel, that's kind of inexcusable.

Worst yet, when I booked through trip advisor, I agreed to pay ~$220 for a night. When I got there, they charged me ~$370, citing a "cleaning fee". I'm currently working with TripAdvisor to get my money back because this hotel failed to disclose all of their fees. The young lady at the front desk was perfectly apologetic and friendly about it, but I'm still out over $100 right now because they quoted me the wrong price.

Will never be staying here or recommending it ever.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Aloha,
The cleaning fee you are referring was provide twice, it is displayed at the time of booking and is also included on your confirmation email. Every individual likes a different firmness of mattress, from time to time we have guests that are uncomfortable because of this personal preference. Each unit has multiple standard of outlets in the bedroom, There are two outlets at the bottom of each headboard. Two lamps and one clock are plugged into these leaving an open socket. Some units at Kanaloa do not have A/C, when this is requested at the time of booking we will do our best to accommodate the request. We work with our owners to keep the units in condition that meets or exceeds the expectations of our guests. I am disappointed we did not meet yours.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We do enjoyed our stay at Kanaloa at Kona in Unit 2104 , a one bedroom condo with ocean front view and constant sound of the surf breaking.
The unit was clean and Aaron at Aloha Condos was very helpful when we had a couple of minor things needing attention.
There is a nice lanai and fully equipped kitchen. The ocean pool is great.
I recommend this quiet complex for relaxing.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple