“Excellent Italian cuisine with fantastic waterfront views”

Mi's Waterfront Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi's Waterfront Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 306 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: USD 15 - USD 40
Description: In the heart of Kailua-Kona on the second floor of the Historic Waterfront Row Building sits Mi's Waterfront Bistro. This Chef-owned and operated restaurant takes old world technique and combines it with modern fare to create dishes of uncompromising quality. Mi's makes fresh pastas and breads daily and sources the finest fresh local ingredients.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had previously visited Mi's twice at their old location south of Kona, the last time a couple of years ago just before they moved to their present waterfront location in the heart of the tourist district. The good news is that the new space is beautiful -- a huge upgrade from the rather ordinary ambiance of the old place. Even better news is that the food and service are just as good as before, if not better. If you set out to design the perfect restaurant for a romantic dinner during a Big Island vacation, with spectacular waterfront views (especially at sundown), excellent food (Italian/Continental rather than Hawaiian cuisine), and great service, you would probably come up with something like Mi's.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I am not big on Italian restaurants but this place was super good and had a nice variety on their menu. It was the best meal I have had since I have been here on the Big Island. The flavor of the food was very good and everything was very fresh.
And the desserts were yummy. I highly recommend this place.
The settings of this restaurant is very nice.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is the first time my husband and I have eaten at Mi's since they moved to their new location. The restaurant and view are all very, very nice. Much better then the previous spot. The server and service were good. However, both our meals were tasteless. I had the Baked Chicken Parmesan. It had no flavor - even the tomato sauce was bland. I also did not like how the dish was plated. It came with a side of fettuccini in a separate dish. It was hard to eat. Somehow it needs to be served all on one plate. My husband had the Porcini Crusted Pork Scallopini. It was very tender but again no flavor - very bland. We each tried the other's dish to verify the taste. Both were tasteless. We don't use a lot of salt, so that was not the issue. There just wasn't any 'yummy' flavor.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Ate at Mi's twice on our trip to Kona. My wife loved the tenderloin and the rigatoni with sausage. I thought the cioppino and the spicy fettuccine with fresh catch were very good. I thought the Caesar salad was pretty average. Service was excellent, especially from Ashley. The new venue is very nice, overlooking the water. The parking lot across the street is pretty expensive, something like $7 or $8 per hour.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Mi's was our favorite restaurant during our stay in Kona! They make all but one of their pastas fresh, and it made a difference in the meals. I had the Pappardelle of Beef. The dish had wide fresh noodles, strips of very tender beef, and vegetables. My husband had the lasagna which was a large serving. Our grandson ordered the rigatoni with broccoli from the child's menu and loved it. I also enjoyed the hibiscus tea. The restaurant has an outdoor seating area right next to the ocean. We enjoyed our first visit so much, we had dinner at Mi's a second time before the end of our Kona trip. I recommend this restaurant!