USD 217
  • Pool
USD 101
Melia.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewssol gardenfree lunchthe lion kingwater slideskids poolbreakfast and dinnerfamily vacationspacious roomaqua parkanimation teamclose to the hoteladjoining roomschoose this hotelmini discochoice of foodkids clubexcellent hotel
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We are a bicycle group from Czech Republic and we have been in this Hotel alread more then 10times. This time we have been a group of 55 people and all of us have been really satisfied! Everything is perfect. Rooms, location, food and really friendly management.

Room Tip: all rooms are really good
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Plava L, General Manager at Hotel Sol Garden Istra for Plava Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Miss Nicole K,

Thank you for choosing hotel Sol Garden Istra for so many times as your holiday destination and for sharing your experience with us. Our guests' feedback is extremely valuable and helpful, as it enables us to modify and perfect our services in order to ensure that everyone enjoys an unique and unforgettable holiday experience. We are happy that we fulfilled all Your expectations and we can't wait to have You again as our guests.

With kind regards.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

This was our second trip to Istra, staying at Sol Garden. This is a great hotel at a good price. Even in the off-season, we had plenty to do. The seaside is perfect, plus bike paths and indoor pool, massages...I have to eat gluten-free. I let the management know ahead of time, and they assured me they could care for my needs. We chose half-board. Every meal, as I entered the dining room, a host/hostess would escort me to a chef who would walk along the buffet line with me and tell me what dishes were or were not GF. They also made GF pizza for me if I preferred that; they brought me GF bread selctions and desserts. I was well satisfied at every meal. I am thankful for Sasha at the front desk, Ivan, one of the hosts, and the chefs who took care of me. :) Also, I decided to get my hair cut and colored in the hotel styling salon. Sarah speaks fine English, so we communicated well. She did a great job! I was pleased with the color and the cut - a new style for me. She listened well and interpreted my requests accurately. Job well done to the housekeepers, attentive maintenance people, security, wait staff...we had a wonderful week with you all!

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Pamandfamtravels,

All Sol Garden Istra staff is very produ to hear Your kind words about our services and personnel. It makes us very happy to know that we were able to fulfill all Your needs and expectations. Our guests satisfaction is for us out of the great importance. Your positive feedback gives us even more motivation for our future work and improvement. We hope to have You soon again in hotel Sol Garden Istra, so that we can provide You with an even nicer experience.

With kind regards from warm Umag.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel is very good if you are not searching for a quite retreat. It is rather crowded and noisy (we were staying during some youth football tournament, so hotel was full of kids having fun). Nearby tennis courts also attract lots of sport clubs. The dinning facilities are more like in a primary school resort than a 4-star hotel, but if you don't mind that, the variety and quality of food is satisfactory. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool, free of charge. Although it is rather small, there are times when it is almost empty. The spa area is much bigger and offers good value for money, just don't look up when relaxing after sauna or laying in the jacuzzi, because the sight of mildew and plaster peeling of the ceiling might ruin the moment for you. We have reserved the room weeks ahead and asked specifically for the room with a balcony and the seaside view. Check the attached picture for the view we've got. Yes, I admit, you could see the sea, although one might need a pair of binoculars to spot it. Overall impression is greatly improved by the staff, their attitude and willingness to assist you at any moment.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a seaside view and see what you'll get!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A_Priscan

Dear A_Priscan,

I want to thank You in my name and in the name of Sol Garden Istra staff, for giving us Your trust and choosing our hotel for Your stay. In our everyday work, we do everything in our possibility to improve the quality of our services even more. I am very proud of the level of cooperation and kindness of our staff, as they are allways there for our guests. In this occasion I want to apologize for all the inconveniences with the groups and noise that was during Your stay, aswell for the unsatisfactory spa area. We hope that You will not hold these comments as a reason not to visit us again.

With kind regards.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Very cosy and nice hotel. About 100 meters from the coastline. Clean and spacious rooms, buffet breakfast were perfect, food delicious and various. Hotel has inner pools for adults and children, animations etc.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Vyt84
GeneraManagerITU, General Manager at Hotel Sol Garden Istra for Plava Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Vyt84,
we would like to thank you for this great review! We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that we have fulfilled your expectations.
Kind regards from Umag.
Mario Migles,

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Nicely situated hotel. Helpful staff, good food. Seems to have a vibrant kids' program with a clubhouse near the pool complex and nightly entertainment in the large lobby. Room was clean, uncluttered, and comfortable. Spacious bathroom. Balcony overlooking the Adriatic was very nice. I imagine the seaside rooms are quieter than the poolside ones. Lots of pools and a couple of water slides offer an alternative to the beach. Spa was also nice.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah M
GeneraManagerITU, General Manager at Hotel Sol Garden Istra for Plava Laguna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Mrs. Sarah,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you have had a nice holidays. Thank you for all your comments. Opinions of our guests are very important for us as they help us to improve our service. I hope that you enjoyed your vacation and we are already looking forward to welcoming you again.
Best regards to you and your family,