All reviewsmain pisteski schoolslope sideend of the daybreakfast and dinnerboot roombeautiful hotelsoupslopesskiingliftskiersskisvegetarian
Reviewed 6 February 2018

This hotel was top notch. My family was in the Edelweiss but I couldn't get in there as no rooms were available but the alternative was so much better!
The staff are friendly and efficient, they realised I was by myself and treated me so well. I had a lovely reserved table for breakfast and dinner and the service was very attentive and efficient.
The food choices were really good - lots of fresh fruit and bread for breakfast, as well as scrambled and boiled eggs, meats, cheeses and pastries.
The dinner choices were also delicious - you get 3 options and choose the menu in the morning for that evening. There is a large salad bar, lots of bread and soup and loads of cheese and fruit too.
Pastries are available in the reception area in the afternoon for a quick post ski pick me up and these are free, which was a nice touch.
The room was spacious and very clean - very warm too, which considering the radiators were off and I had to have the window open is testament to how good the insulation is!
The slope side bar and restaurant was always full - I didn't spend much time here as I preferred to sit by the fire in the hotel lobby but the views of the slopes are fabulous, a nice way to have lunch and watch the other skiers descend the slopes.
The hotel is ideally located for 2 ski lifts and the boot room is easily accessible. The ski school meeting point is directly behind the hotel and there is a Spar shop next door so all round it is very conveniently located!

Room Tip: South facing rooms have the views of the slopes and get the sun
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CP1077
Reviewed 2 February 2018

When you read the reviews for this hotel, they seem to be split between the hotel itself being very good, and the slopeside bar being pretty awful. I should like to say that as we didn't use the slopeside bar, i can't comment on that, so will comment only on the hotel.
From the point we booked, to the time we left we were both treated with courtesey, and great service.
Our room itself was beautifully appointed with ensuite having heated floor, touchscreen radio, and walk in shower. The beds were extremely comfortable, and had a small balcony.
Meals were all lovely - a good hearty breakfast with many options, and at night a 5 course dinner. My daughter is not only a vegetarian, but also is nut intolerant, and having visited Austria a few times in the past, was somewhat worried as to how she would fare, but i needn't have done. All the staff went out of their way to check that Robyns needs were met, and I'd have to say I haven't seen her eat as well for a long time !
Branko offered an excellent wine recommendation to me and I wasn't disappointed - try any Austrian red and you won't go wrong.
And one of the best things ... step out of the hotel and onto the lift. Step off your skis at the end of the day and straight down into the ski boot room - minimal walking !
We hope to revisit soon !

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank QuentinRigby
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We popped in for a late drink ordering 3 drinks. Refusing to serve a coffee as he had cleaned the machine, the coke arrived and was flat and tasted terrible. We politely asked for this to be changed. Wolfgang who claimed he was the manager but had absolutely no regard for customer service refused to refund or change the drink. And told us he didn’t care that it was flat. His attitude was straight from the Basil Fawlty school of charm. I have to say this was in stark contrast to every other place in Obergurgl where the service was exemplary. Avoid this place if being treated as a customer is important to you.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I have been a visitor to Obergurgl for 17 years. When my eldest children were growing up I used the restaurant and bar facility at the Jenewein on a daily basis due to the convenience of it's close proximity to the ski school. It was always a first rate friendly place with excellent food and drink. I attended yesterday with my wife and 3 year old daughter we ordered a Cappuccino, Diet Coke and asked for a small glass of tap water for our daughter. We were told it was the Hotel policy not to serve tap water! I understand the reasoning behind this if tap water is the sole item requested. After I pushed and pointed out her age we were begrudgingly obliged and the policy repeated.
This is not the friendly welcome I have found everywhere else in Obergurgl. Sad and disappointed.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank samuelbH1523QV
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

V poor indeed
Service let’s down the food
V unfriendly
V slow
Get the order wrong nearly every day
Waiting 10-15 minutes for some butter with the bread basket you order.

A smile wouldn’t go amiss!

Was Considering staying at this hotel as great location but after this week, NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!

My one and only poor experience in Obergurgl

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family