All reviewsoutdoor poolbeautiful hotelluxury hotelapres skigreat spaexcellent qualityski lockershalf boardspa area istap waterevery eveningski hotelfacilitiesaustriawellnessdelightswine
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We have been returning to this hotel once or twice a year for the past 15 years.
The rooms are excellent both the alpine themed and the modern rooms are very comfortable and clean with all the amenities you would expect in a spa resort.
Slippers, bath robes, fully stocked bar, toiletries etc...
The Spa is excellent and has many different treatments for those who want a day off from skiing or for Apres ski.
And best of all, the food is to die for. Every meal is an adventure in culinary delights.
I highly recommend this resort hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

This was our third stay at Trofana Royal.

The hotel is beautiful. I am not a fan of all of the interior design here, yet somehow it all works. The atmosphere is warm, cosy, yet somehow classy. It is a typical Austrian upscale ski hotel, with beautiful spa and amazing food!
The food!!! It would be worth going for the food only! That’s how good it is! From fantastic breakfast to Tyrolean nights, to other themed dinners, everything we ate was perfect! We all gained a few pounds after a week here even though we were all skiing.
We prefer the modern part of the hotel, although the traditional part is beautiful too.
The service is very friendly and professional. There was a slight issue with seating arrangements at the main reataurant but it was quickly resolved.

After dinner entertainment a few nights a week was suprisingly good. And there are many great apres ski places within the walking distance.
All in all a beautiful hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Excellent service from reception, restaurant, spa and housekeeping. Superb food and super efficient service in the restaurant. We were on a half board deal . The standard of the meals served was exceptional. Wines were over priced for the quality on offer.
The restaurant staff were delightful with that perfect mix of being attentive but not intrusive.
The spa is wonderful. I especially liked the outdoor pool which was lovely and warm although surrounded by snow. You can ski right back to the hotel.
Our biggest grumble was that the heating is on 24 hours and so the room was unbearably hot overnight. We kept our window open but then were kept awake by the party people for whom Ischgl is famous.
We had great skiing in Ischgl but I would not recommend it as a resort for beginners. We also encountered the worst piste manners ever. One skier tried to knock me over 3 days in a row. On the last day of our holiday we found her on the snow, having collided with another skier and waiting for the helicopter to pick her up. We had to have eyes in the back of our heads to ski safely. This type of behaviour is very unusual in Austria. I think that the ski patrol staff should be more alert to deal with skiers who endanger others.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the main street
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We stayed for slightly more than a week for Christmas this Winter.
Rooms are large, spotless clean, well equipped, in a traditional Austrian style. Very good, but not exceptional. What is really great about this hotel is its location (you can ski until the entrance door, you take out your ski and you have a direct lift to the ski cellar !), its infrastructure (a huge sauna area, a great indoor pool, but top luxury is the outside heated pool and the outside jacuzzi, surrounded by the snowy gardens, just great for the guests - maybe not great for the planet though !) and last but not least the restaurant (incredible quality of food, thanks to the Michelin-starred chef : everyday you get a gourmet dinner and the breakfast is above all expectations).

So absolutely great, but expensive, very expensive even during peak periods. And expect to pay, on top of the room, miscallenous additional expenses. For instance, water served at the table for dinner is invoiced approx. 10 euros a bottle, and they make sure to invoice at least a bottle per guest every night.

Luxury for a hefty price !

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve been in this restaurant at least 3 times over the years with a group of skiing friends. Food and service are generally excellent. However, it’s never my choice to sit for four hours at a dinner table, spend at least €150 for being offered so many variations of tasting menus that I forget one hour later, but I tend to go along. This year, however, the service was not so top and a table of other guests beside us was particularly loud. This and the price have finally made me decide that I won’t come again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends