“Best seafood risotto in a long time”

Pane e Vino da Michele
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Mayrhofen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Booked the night before on recommendation and not disappointed. Welcome was warm, good wine list and there was more seafood in the risotto than rice! Plenty of bread and oil and the Parma ham was excellent. More expensive than other restaurants nearby but worth it

1  Thank Tony B

Reviewed 20 February 2018

What a nice Italian restaurant. Well prepared food with fresh produce. Very friendly staff. I'm looking forward to visit this place again.

1  Thank skywalker6363
Reviewed 18 February 2018

This restaurant is very small inside so was fully booked most nights we were in Mayrhofen. We booked for our last night. We were originally seated on a very high table on bar stools which was really squashed and quite uncomfortable, we asked to move tables and they accommodated this which was much better. The staff were helpful and polite, they brought us over unlimited water and bread with oil and vinegar free of charge which was a great gesture. We ordered mussels which were very good, carbonara macaroni which was ok but not the best carbonara we'd had that week - the bacon was quite fatty and the sauce wasn't very creamy, we also had a lobster spaghetti dish which tasted good but was difficult to eat (it was served as a bowl of spaghetti with a whole lobster placed on top - it looked impressive when it first came over but was actually very difficult to eat because the lobster had to be taken apart at the table but was slipping around on all the spaghetti it was on top of). The chocolate soufflé was delicious!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Came here for dinner on the night that our chalet/hotel had their 'evening off' (package holiday). The previous reviews looked very encouraging.
Firstly, I emailed the restaurant to make a booking, but I didn't hear back. Popped in to make my booking instead, as I hadn't heard back and they hadn't received my email (I took a screenshot so I know it did send). Either way, we luckily managed to book for the Wednesday evening.
Restaurant was full when we arrived, so we were glad we managed to book. We were on a high table for 2 near the counter, which was fine but I was very aware of my backside being very close to another diner's head sat lower down right behind me. Not sure how he felt!
My food was delicious and the wine was continuously topped up (encouraging a 2nd bottle - very smart), but my husband's carpaccio was almost frozen. Not one to complain, he still ate it (it wasn't unpleasant, just far too cold). Then his main meal (tuna steak) was also really cold in the centre. This time he asked for them to cook it a little longer. It was fine after that, but a bit of a shame that it feels things are defrosted / reheated and not fresh.
The waiting staff were good. We were slightly confused whether to speak German or Italian! And my food was good too, but for what we were paying we would have liked a little more 'perfection'.

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Perfect food and staff, small real Italian restaurant. It's hard to find good food in Mayrhofen but here you will find it. Subliem! Make a reservation to be sure you have a table. Best time from 20:00 and later. Loved thé grappa! Grazi!