All reviewslaser light showpaddle boatstroutfull hookupstent campingcrazy horse monumenttootspondgravelfirewoodcampgroundlaundryhostssitelakebathroomcabin
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Really didn't know what to expect as one of the folks we were traveling with made a reservation here on the fly while we were traveling, but boy were we happy they did.
What a lovely place and what amazing owners!
When we got in, Gary took us around to the tenting area and basically said...Park wherever you like and set up wherever you like. I don't know if we were in one or two tent sites, but we had a nice grassy area to set up our tents in and woods all around us. It couldn't have been nicer.
All the RVs were set up closer to the wash house, with showers and washing machines, so it was a little walk from the tent area, but that worked out fine for us.
After we were all set up, Gary stopped by and took all five of us on his ATV for a little tour of the property. It's just heavenly! He really wanted us to love the place as much as he does and it's impossible not to. There are several ponds stocked with fish, trout and bass in two different ponds. A third pond is home to a 100 pound snapping turtle, which we didn't get to see. Further down the path is a pond he created if you wanted to swim in some very cold water or paddle around in a canoe a bit.
You can see Crazy Horse very well from some of the high points on the property and it was really a lovely spot to stay in.
If I were coming back this way again, I would certainly look to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank wamrazing
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I can't say enough about this campground. After finding all campgrounds in Custer SP booked, I called and booked two RV sites at Echo Valley Park. The owner took my name and number down without requesting deposit a few weeks before we showed up. The map tried to take us right into Crazy Horse Monument, so look for the blue sign for Echo Valley Park on the right side if coming from Custer, right before you get to Crazy Horse. The owner met me outside and before I could even jump out of the truck was welcoming me because he knew we were coming. At first glance we thought the sites would not be level (no pavement, mostly grass and gravel) however we were pleasantly surprised that when we got in (guided in all the way by him expertly) that our site was completely level. There are not many sites, which to us was great because I prefer a non-crowded camp! We were travelling in a 26ft travel trailer and joined by my grandparents in their 34 ft. 5th wheel. 30 and 50 amp full hook ups. I met Toots in the office to pay and was welcomed by their sweet little dog as well. This place is gorgeous. Right behind our site was nothing but hills, trees, and nature as far as you can see. We spent some time exploring down the dirt rd. inside the campground and were greeted by a newborn fawn. Unforgettable. Keep exploring down the dirt road for beautiful mountain views as well as a pond and a lake (which the owner says we can fish trout out of without a license if we release). We stayed for 4 days and couldn't have been more pleased. The owners were out in camp very frequently and always stopped by to thank us for coming and ask if we needed anything. He even hauled over a huge stack of firewood for us for just $5. Laundry room, bathroom and showers were great. Can watch the laser light show at Crazy Horse from the top of the hill, and was convenient to Custer SP, Needles Hwy, etc. I am so happy that we chose to stay here and help out a privately owned campground that is someone's livelihood rather than staying in the State Park. It was hard to leave and I will most definitely stay here again next time we are exploring S. Dakota.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kellie H
Reviewed 18 November 2016

These people are beautiful. They treated me like family from the minute I arrived.
Not only did they provide me with a great place to stay, they became what I hope will be life long friends. Their place is the most beautiful I've seen, a hidden jewel..
I can not wait to go there again but even more, I can't wait to see Gary, Toots and the site mascot, their wonderful dog Ruby..If you pass this place up you are making a big mistake believe me..

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

What a beautiful and welcoming place. We had a wonderful time and felt completely at home with our host. We came from far and wide and enjoyed the setting and accommodations. It is both clean and well maintained with a great attention to the guests.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2016

First look is not anything like the experience your going to have. Meet the owner what a wonderful host, the wind in tall trees and the fresh REAL air is so relaxing we sat for hours right outside the coach before making the walk to the four ponds with trout in them and the story behind it all, we had to extend our stay. And all this less than 2 miles to Crazy Horse Monument, can't beat it if your looking for relaxation. It's not the expensive over entertainment campground it nature and quite. We have a 39ft motor home
Pulling trailer so never used restrooms because the services provided was water, sewer, and 50 or 30amp all we needed.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple