Calamity Peak Lodge
Comfort Inn & Suites Custer(Custer)(Great Value!)
USD 162*
Econo Lodge Custer(Custer)(Great Value!)
USD 144*
EconoLodge
Bavarian Inn, Black Hills(Custer)(Great Value!)
USD 164*
Holiday Inn Express Custer(Custer)(Great Value!)
USD 200*
USD 179*
HIExpress.com
Best Western Buffalo Ridge Inn(Custer)(Great Value!)
USD 167*
Rocket Motel(Custer)(Great Value!)
USD 132*
USD 129*
USD 99*
Gold Camp Cabins(Custer)(Great Value!)
USD 154*
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfull kitchencuster state parkblack hillsseparate bedroomwild donkeysan updateking bedspacious roomnice settinga great stayshort driveconvenient locationspent nightswildlife loopcoffee makereach morningneedles highway
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Calamity Peak Lodge during low season (toward the end of October). This is a great option for those seeking a warm, cozy lodge with its own charm and personality. The owners are very friendly and welcoming. The room was comfortable with a nice bed. This is also located between the town of Custer and the entrance to Custer State Park, making for a great location for those visit g the area. I will be staying again on my next Black Hills adventure.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I recently spent a night at the Calamity Peak Lodge and loved it. The location is between the town of Custer and the best state park in the country. Wish I had more time to stay there, or had discovered it on previous trips to the area. Clean, comfortable, reasonable, made you feel at home, only better. Family owned and operated and the care they take is clearly evident. Do yourself a favor, avoid the chain hotels and try this place out. You will be glad you did. I will stay nowhere else when I return.

Room Tip: Multiple room options depending on the size of your party.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Lori H, Owner at Calamity Peak Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thanks so much for such a great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at our place. I'm really glad people can see the love we put into this place. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This is a very unique semi historic property. If you want to feel you are staying at a super clean property with charm owned by your soon to be friends(Joe and Lori). Stay here. If you want a chain motel that looks like every those in every other US location this is not for you. I am losing count this is our 6th stay, each and every yr since Joe and lori purchased there are improvements! (look back at my past years other reviews) Now all plugs are 3 prong. As I do in all my reviews I can plug my CPAP bedside with no extra extension cords. I was in unit 7 again this stay.

Room Tip: Review their website to determine what price, beds, kitchen / no kitchen stairs no stairs is right for you no two units are alike
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We are so blessed to have had you stay at our property. It is a slow haul but each year we do try to improve something. So year are more than others just depends on the task we tackle. We look forward to seeing you each and every year you come.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Clean, well stocked, friendly and helpful owners. Excellent location for doing all the fun things in the Black Hills. We had deer right behind our cabin each morning and great food close by at many locations.

Room Tip: Cabin 6 had a nice deck!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

This is a great place and managed by super nice people who make every effort to ensure you are comfortable. I had room 9, a spacious room with a very comfortable king bed. Lots of room for stuff and super clean. It's centrally located and though outside of town, it literally is a 3 minute drive to the center of town for restaurants and shops. Super close to Custer State Park and a bike path right outside your door. Central to Needles Highway and other amazing spots within the Black Hills. My only complaint and it's not their fault, is a super slow internet and as it's out of town, cell service isn't as strong. Hopefully, the town will upgrade soon and offer the owners a choice of better quality service. Regardless, it's a lovely setting and I had three great nights here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo