Review Highlights
Hayride

We went on the Hayride/ Chuckwagon. We had a great time. Cowboy Keith was our host. He was... read more

Reviewed 20 September 2018
Theresa M
Wonderful Attratcion

The all day ride was done by my 14 year old daughter as a reward for good grades. She loved it... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2018
jprince1444
Custer, South Dakota

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Custer
from USD 295.00
from USD 189.00
from USD 250.00
More Info
All reviews hour ride horseback riding trail guide blue bell great ride beautiful scenery an experienced rider summer vacation custer state park small stream wild turkeys wranglers horses creek saddle pony instructions
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were staying at the Blue Bell campground and could see the horse riders as they took off down the trail.
My daughter saw this and really wanted to go. She and my son have very little exeperience with horses, couple of rides here and there. My wife has ridden a fair amount in the past and I had horses growing up. A little pricey for the one hour ride, but like my wife said "we're making memories". The horses were well cared for, the equipment the same. Our guides were Mandy and Grace, both very nice. Mandy was busy handling a family in the front most of the time, but Grace, my wife and I had time to chit chat as we rode along. The hour long trail ride took us thru wooded areas, open areas, stream beds and up/down hills. Beautiful scenery as we rode along, as you would expect from the park area. Other than the one horse in the front who kept stopping to eat, Mandy had to leader it, all the rest of the horses were well behaved and just followed each other.
Would recommend.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 30 July 2017

While staying at Blue Bell Campground we went to the Blue Bell Stables and did the 2 hour horse trail ride. It was awesome. Our trail guide ended up being from our home state and loved what she did. We highly recommend this alternative view of Custer State Park!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We took our 5 & 7 year old on their first trail ride there. The staff was great with our kids and we had a wonderful experience. I do wish they would have given the kids a little more instruction on how to direct their horses. But they were so well trained they listened to them anyway.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Did the 1 hour tour with my wife and two kids. Great stable with lots of attention for the animals. Tour took us through some creeks and the boys loved hour. Time well spent !

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Took my 16 year old daughter horseback riding at Blue Bell Stables. Caitlin was our guide. We took the 1:30 in the afternoon two hour ride. Beautiful scenery and Caitlin was a marvelous guide. Very professional staff, safe and gentle horses. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Bill N