“We AL LOVED it”
Review of Blue Bell Stables

Blue Bell Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Riding stable for adults and kids over age 4.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I did this as a treat for my oldest daughter but all of us loved it. We did the 1 hour trail ride and that was long enough for us (we do not ride horses.) The trip was a full hour and our guide was great.

They did a great job getting everyone ready and gave you some pointers. You can wait till closer to your trip to book. I tried calling months ago and no one answered. I sent an email and they called me back and advised I could book a few weeks before as long as you are flexible. our trip was in July but I called in May to book.

I did not have to pay until we arrived to go.

You will love this and the views are awesome. We did a lot of hiking in the badlands and were tired of hiking, this gave us the chance to see Custer park without hiking it.

1  Thank Gpackergal
in 4 reviews
"leader"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were staying at the Blue Bell campground and could see the horse riders as they took off down the trail.
My daughter saw this and really wanted to go. She and my son have very little exeperience with horses, couple of rides here and there. My wife has ridden a fair amount in the past and I had horses growing up. A little pricey for the one hour ride, but like my wife said "we're making memories". The horses were well cared for, the equipment the same. Our guides were Mandy and Grace, both very nice. Mandy was busy handling a family in the front most of the time, but Grace, my wife and I had time to chit chat as we rode along. The hour long trail ride took us thru wooded areas, open areas, stream beds and up/down hills. Beautiful scenery as we rode along, as you would expect from the park area. Other than the one horse in the front who kept stopping to eat, Mandy had to leader it, all the rest of the horses were well behaved and just followed each other.
Would recommend.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

While staying at Blue Bell Campground we went to the Blue Bell Stables and did the 2 hour horse trail ride. It was awesome. Our trail guide ended up being from our home state and loved what she did. We highly recommend this alternative view of Custer State Park!

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We took our 5 & 7 year old on their first trail ride there. The staff was great with our kids and we had a wonderful experience. I do wish they would have given the kids a little more instruction on how to direct their horses. But they were so well trained they listened to them anyway.